About the Company
Davidson are a preferred supplier for the government sector and have strong partnerships within local, state and federal government. We currently have an opportunity for an exceptional and experienced Senior Contract Accountant (A06) to join a growing government department for up to 13 weeks in a contract.
About the Role
- Preparation of annual financial statements including preparation of associated work papers and reconciliations
- utilise relevant information management technology and financial systems to monitor, investigate, analyse and report on compliance issues, general ledger integrity issues and implement the necessary measures to ensure accuracy, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assist Principal Finance Officer with asset revaluation postings and reconciliation
- Prepare Legal and related party disclosures for AFS
- Prepare annual financial statements (AFS) variance analysis
- Develop key month end journals and balance sheet reconciliations as required
- Demonstrated ability in project management and working to agreed deadlines
- Ability to travel if required
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with the application of accounting standards, legislation, contemporary financial management practices and policies.
- Ability to provide advice to senior management and other stakeholders and in the development of policies, procedures and reporting mechanisms with the goal of achieving compliance.
- Extensive experience in financial and asset accounting operations and statutory reporting environments including extensive preparation of Annual Financial Statements.
- Expertise in the following systems: including extensive experience in the use of SAP ERP systems - note, experience in use of S/4HANA would be advantageous), together with research, review, interpretation and analysis of information and in formulating recommendations and reports to management.
- Project management skills in the context of planning and organisation and ability to meet deadlines.
- High level communication, interpersonal, negotiation and presentation skills, with proven experience in the development and delivery of training programs
- Must be CA / CPA qualified (mandatory)
- Must have C Class drivers license
- 40 hours per week
- 13 week contract
- Attractive hourly rate
- Sunshine Coast location
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). Job ref no. JO-2004-100248. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com