|Posted||25 days ago|
At Davidson we live by the philosophy that it is not the leader's role to build the business; rather leaders build great teams and great teams build great businesses.
We are creating a legacy as a market leader in workplace performance and we need committed and passionate people to join our organisation to help us realise our Vision.
Davidson's Advisory practice enjoys an unrivalled position in the market and works with Boards and Senior Executives to help them solve their toughest and most complex problems. We do this by bringing a solutions-focussed approach to executable strategy that combines deep industry knowledge, rigorous analysis, and insight to enable informed and confident action.
About the Role
As a Senior Consultant you'll be looking to build on your 2-3 years of relevant 'Big 4' or 'Top Tier' management consulting experience and gain exposure to new and more complex challenges. Your role will see you take ownership of your own activity streams within projects.
You'll apply your strategic problem solving, data analysis, stakeholder engagement and project management skills to help solve complex client problems. You'll hone your client relationship skills, harnessing your truly solutions-centric approach and passion for achieving great results for your client.
At Davidson, we cherish diversity of thought, background and unique experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities.
Potential candidates will have an experience and knowledge profile that includes:
- Demonstrated ability to apply structured thinking and analysis techniques to complex and ambiguous problems
- Proven ability to translate business and customer needs into best practice process and operation design requirements
- Ability to work with tight deadlines in a dynamic environment, delivering high quality outputs with strong attention to detail
- Experience in facilitating workshops with a wide range of stakeholders up to Executive level
- Strong stakeholder engagement, team work and project management capabilities
- Experience in evaluation and introduction of technology to solve operational problems is highly desirable
- Experience or exposure to the practical application of continuous improvement (e.g. Lean, Six Sigma), innovation and strategy methodologies and frameworks would be highly regarded
- Experience within and knowledge of the public sector is preferable but not essential
- A supporting tertiary qualification is highly advantageous
What's in it for you?
The benefits of the role include:
- The experience of working in a highly motivated team of professionals
- The opportunity to deliver extraordinary customer service and drive innovation
- Fortnightly casual drinks
- Monthly & Quarterly Celebrations
- Social club
- Additional leave for employees over 5 years of service
- Birthday RDO
- Salary sacrifice options
- Fantastic environment
- Working with a company who genuinely promote and support career development
We acknowledge that companies with demonstrated diversity have more effective and successful teams. Therefore, we welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, workers' of all ages, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in word format.