|Posted||29 days ago|
The Muswellbrook Shire is a Shire of contrasts; picturesque dairy farms, world class thoroughbred horse studs, vineyards and olive farms all sitting beside big machinery and big mines. A fabulous place to live, work & play and only 2.5 hours' drive to Sydney. Muswellbrook is a place of the future.
The purpose of the Senior Communications and Policy Advisor is to lift and maintain Muswellbrook Shire Council's profile in a fluid and ever-changing communications environment. Additionally the role is to provide policy advice and support to the elected Mayor and Councillors. A key role of the position is the development and constant evaluation of flexible communication and policy responses in a frequently complex and nuanced policy, media, and political environment.
Provide strategic, policy and communications advice and support together with evidence-based analysis across a broad range of government, industry and community issues.
- Employ highly developed interpersonal skills to develop and maintain effective and productive working relations with key government, industry, and community stakeholders.
- Formulate and analyse policy options, prepare briefing papers and recommendations for Council on a wide range of policy matters.
- Undertake research on regional, state-wide, national, and global social, economic and industrial issues.
- Manage and resolve policy issues as they arise and facilitate the development and review of new and existing policies and policy responses.
- Prepare high level quality media responses and provide advice on emerging media trends and complex communications and marketing issues.
- Identify opportunities and produce content for new, emerging, and social media, web, print, radio, sound and screen for external and internal stakeholders.
- Assist in the development and management of Council's web and social media sites, including the operation of Content Management Systems.
To be successful in this role it is likely that you will have a suitably aligned degree or considerable experience in a similar role within the public service domain. A broad knowledge of social, economic, environmental and industry issues from a regional, state, and national perspective and how they potentially affect the Shire would also be expected.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Gareth Broadrick on 02 8093 0605, quoting ref no. JO-2009-101539. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com