About the Company
Davidson are a preferred supplier for the government sector and have strong partnerships within local, state and federal government. We currently have an opportunity for an A06 Senior Communications Officer to commence a temporary contract over the next 2 years until 2023! This is a rare an exciting opportunity to be a part of a high profile project focussing on Stage 3.
About the Role
As a Senior Communications Advisor within the team, you will lead and coordinate internal and external communication services project on community engagement, public affairs, correspondence, media relations, issues management, and stakeholder relationship management. You will represent the interests of the department and its stakeholders in various forums. You will provide high level media, communication and strategic advice to the project director on a range of communication activities. A key aspect of this role will be to effectively work the Public Private Partnership Company (PPP Co) and the Design and Construction Contractor (D&C Contractor) to ensure that the State's requirements are delivered.
- Lead the implementation of community engagement, community relations and correspondence programs by supporting the delivery of consistent and effective communication and stakeholder management across the region to internal and external stakeholders.
- Liaise with the project team and communication and correspondence staff to identify communication issues and develop and implement proactive measures for issue management
- Liaise with the broader project teams including the PPP Co and the D&C Contractor to identify communication issues in the project, and develop and implement proactive measures for issues management and communication activities
- Play a key role in major and/or sensitive matters such as: planning studies and construction and operational impacts of the project, by developing and implementing risk analyses, issue and communication strategies
- Provide strategic advice and expertise to management and communication teams and other project staff on risk assessment, issues management, communication strategies within the department
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the works program and major project activities and proactively identify trends and risks in communication issues that may affect the project.
- Community engagement and stakeholder relationship management across a number of areas of the department and external stakeholders including the general community, industry, business communities and local and federal government agencies.
- Provide high level media, communication and strategic advice to the management team and Directors on a range of communication activities.
- Provide training advice and support to the project team and management to enhance communication skills for delivering the project and associated initiatives.
- Previous Senior Communications and Community engagement experience
- Previous background in Communications and Stakeholder Consultation is highly necessary.
- Experience working in a Government or Infrastructure setting highly advantageous
- A real go-getter attitude and goal orientated
- Ability to work with conflicting deadlines
- Long term 2+ year contract
- Attractive hourly rate $62.00 p/hr + Super
- Gold Coast Location
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). We are doing all we can to connect with each and every applicant in a timely manner. We apologise for an delays and thank you for your understanding during such a unique time in our history. Ref no. JO-2008-101207. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com