About the Company
Sydney Trains are focused on providing sustainable, efficient and cost effective services and are committed to delivering safe, reliable and clean rail services to its customers. Joining them will present an exciting opportunity for you to shape the future of rail services in Sydney. If you are keen to make a genuine difference in the lives of the people of NSW and help provide a best in class rail system, this role is for you.
About the Role
This role is based within the Network Maintenance Division (NMD). Based in Blacktown, the succesful applicant will occasionally be needed to travel to various locations within Sydney to collaborate with Sydneys Trains team of Change Managers.
The primary purpose of this role is to develop, deliver and drive a change plan to ensure the workforce is engaged in a time of change, ensure a positive team culture is maintained and developed, implement operational changes and work practices. The role specifically focuses on the people side of the change.
The duties and responsibilities are:
- Under take current state engagement/ feeling analysis among staff.
- Design a change approach and plan that will give quick wins and long-term change outcomes.
- Identify specific people change impacts, coach staff and managers through the various phases of change
- Planning, managing and delivering the day-to-day change activities.
- Ensure change is delivered within a structured change management approach
- Develop and maintain productive relationships across internal and external stakeholders.
In order to be succesful in this role you will need extensive experience developing, delivering and driving operational and cultural change within a blue collar environment.
It is also essentail to be a:
- Highly organised and collaborative individual with ability to hit the ground running
- Hands-on professional who has extensive knowledge and experience in staff consultation, HR and IR issues
- Strong ability to coach and support managers in time of change.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with people at various levels including having difficult conversations.
- An adaptable aptitude who can work on multiple, dissimilar activities simultaneously with a high level of resilience.
- Proven planning, problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to work through issues, and guide and/or coach others in the resolution of problems.
A highly competitive salary and an opportunity to thrive within a great group of people who are dedicated, passionate and supportive.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Katherine Fry on 02 8093 0629, quoting ref no. JO-1807-90151. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com