About the Company The opportunity
An exciting full time, open term opportunity for a Senior Network Engineer to join a Cloud & Infrastructure team in the Brisbane CBD.
Providing infrastructure services that support over 1400 staff globally, the infrastructure is highly available, secure, disaster recoverable and flexible providing capacity on demand.
About the Role The role of Cloud and Infrastructure is to provide, manage and support technology infrastructure to meet the needs of business units in an efficient, highly available, cost effective and secure manner. This includes:
- Providing strategic direction, design and architecture
- Selection, purchase and deployment of infrastructure equipment/services
- Support of technology infrastructure to maintain high levels of availability, performance, capacity, security and disaster recovery.
Reporting to the Cloud & Infrastructure Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Overall design and support of the global network, a mix of in house and managed services, to keep the company on the forefront of contemporary network and security design
- Managed Services Management
- Vendor Management & Governance
- Capacity Planning
- Incident and Problem Management
- Network related Infrastructure budgets and subsequent tracking of Annual OPEX and CAPEX costs
You will play a critical role in designing and driving the future strategy of our network, while working with the Chief Information Security Officer to develop strategy and policy around secure networking. You will be provided with the opportunity to own our contemporary network, working with external vendors and internal stakeholders to really drive the future strategy.
About You As a strong candidate for this role, you will have:
- Degree qualifications in Information Technology (or similar) or Recognised qualifications in InformationTechnology
- Cisco accreditations (Minimum CCNP)
- Level 3 system and user support based on ITIL processes of incident, problem and change management
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a similar role, with experience in Financial Services highly regarded
- Proven ability working with managed service providers including Telco, MSSP, MSPs, Cloud Providers and partners
- High-level written and oral communication skills, specifically to articulate the benefits and rationale of architectural designs
- Ability to establish positive working relationships with business units and technology staff, solving problems in a creative way that follows a logical approach
- Ability to respond quickly to change in a positive manner and take the initiative where required, as well as positively contributing towards the goals and aspirations of theteam
- Ability to self‐manage priorities, deliverables, client interactions, time management in line with theteams processes
- Ability to provide system administration activities for most of the following technologies is essential, with a high level understanding desirable:
- Cisco LAN switching platforms and layer 2 protocols
- Cisco WAN router platforms
- Microsoft Expressroute
- AWS DiretConnect
- Meraki WIFI and Meraki MX platforms
- Routing protocols particularly BGP and OSPF
- Palo Alto Firewalls
- Cloud network connectivity solutions primarily express route and direct connect
- Cisco Voice and video conferencing
The Benefits The organisation is a global diversified alternative investment firm offering infrastructure, real estate, private equity, liquid strategies and multi-asset investments. It is one of the largest institutional investment managers in Australia.
Headquartered in Brisbane, Australia, they have offices across the globe.
Their culture is to be an inclusive organisation, one in which every employee has a true voice. enjoy a sense of belonging, and feel that difference is valued. They strive to build people leader capability to reduce unintended bias and ensure they are leveraging the uniqueness of all their people.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Gerry Deakin on 07 3023 1000, quoting ref no. JO-1807-90044. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com