The program is the replacement of the client's existing, ageing SAP4.6c based housing solution. This is core system replacement project that is migrating management functions from the SAP4.6c based application to a specialist system which will be externally hosted and supported.
This business-led program introduces significant change to the work of the service and its management and will be implemented in multiple phases.
Reporting to a team lead, the Senior Business Analyst will be responsible for the analysis and identification of ICT solutions to meet business needs whilst providing leadership, expert ICT skills, knowledge and advice to ensure the client's systems enable staff to meet business objectives.
You will work closely with Subject Matter Experts and Business Representatives from various business units to understand business processes and practices. Work is performed under limited supervision within a team environment requiring a high level of communication and interpersonal skills, and an ability to lead and influence a diverse group of people in a business-led IT project team.
The Program has recently adopted the Agile methodology to manage the work of the Program with all team members expected to actively participate in the process.
- Analysis of user requirements to identify the most appropriate solution and conversion of these into detailed business requirements specifications.
- Documentation of 'as is' and 'to be' business processes, utilising BPMN.
- Assist clients with the articulation of high level business needs in relation to information systems and information technology (IT) processes.
- Provide advice and recommendations to clients on information systems capabilities and system solution options.
- Identify solution options that align with departmental and whole of Government enterprise architecture guidelines.
- Use strong interpersonal communication to negotiate, establish and maintain networks and working relationships with team members, clients and stakeholders.
- Provide leadership to staff by fostering personal qualities including enthusiasm, professionalism, commitment, accountability and demonstrated ethical behaviour.
- Work collaboratively with team members to design, develop and implement innovative communication activities aimed at ensuring all affected stakeholder groups have a clear and accurate understanding of the program and its impact on their work.
Capabilities for success
- Demonstrated experience of analysis of information management business requirements to identify the most appropriate solution and conversion of these into detailed system requirements specifications.
- Experience of Agile principles led business transformational change projects, in particular projects involving large-scale data migration between IT applications.
- Provide advice and recommendations on information system capabilities and system solution options.
- Significant experience of BPMN.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships and use advanced communication to convey complex information to a range of audiences.
- Advanced analytical, problem solving and research skills to develop innovative and cost effective solutions to complex IT issues.
- At least 5 years' experience of business analysis within complex, business critical IT projects.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Nicholas Leong on 07 3023 1069, quoting ref no. JO-1808-90842. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com