Security Analyst / Engineer with SIEM | IR Playbooks | Automation of Playbooks | SOC
Start 1st June 2020 - Melbourne CBD
What is the role?
The security analyst / Engineer who will be responsible for analysing and responding to cyber threats and security alerts, monitoring cyber threat warning information, and coordinating incident response activities
- This role will initially be a member of our SOC uplift programming and will support operationalising a new SIEM and developing appropriate operational SOC capabilities.
- We're especially interested in individuals who have significant experience in a SOC/CSOC.
- Creating detection cases, responding to incidents, developing IR playbooks, and develop automation playbooks where appropriate.
- Analysing security logs and events, defining use SIEM use cases and responding to security incidents.
- Developing and maintaining incident response (IR) playbooks and training SOC members in playbook operations
- Identify opportunities for IR playbook automation and develop/refine processes in preparation for this
- Good communication skills with an ability to explain complex technical issues to non-technical stakeholders
- Excellent written skills with demonstrated ability to write procedures, playbooks, operational reports and formal internal/external communications
- Extensive knowledge in Security operations and incident response
- Knowledge of common information security management frameworks, such as ISO/IEC 27001, ITIL, COBIT and NIST
- Proven experience analysing, interpreting, & investigating security event logs
Large corporate client based in Melbourne CBD
The people and culture?
Diverse, down to earth, hardworking and knowledgeable.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Moitri Banerjee on 0407 653 841, quoting ref no. JO-2005-100457. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com