|Location||Melbourne CBD, Victoria|
|Posted||24 days ago|
About the Company
Davidson Technology have partnered with a multi-national defence, security and aerospace company who are building one of the world's largest IT defence systems.
We are collaborating with them to identify new technology talent who are interested in gaining a skill-set that will be sought after across the globe.
About the Role
You will be responsible for performing the safety studies and analysis during the program life-cycle. As a System Safety Engineer you will be responsible for analysing the customer requirements related to safety and to take part in the bid phase of the project.
- Conducting initial engineering safety assessment of our client's equipment's during the bid phase and to participate in the redaction of the proposal.
- Conducting engineering safety studies in the context of different business lines/units in coordination with different departments (system engineering and software engineering, hardware engineering, logistic) and to produce the safety folder of system/product.
- Ensuring the operational / ATM safety objectives (defined at System level) and engineering safety requirements (defined at equipment level) are correctly spanned to all levels of the project development (software, hardware, COTS).
- Defining plans and methods for the verification of operational / ATM safety objectives and engineering requirements.
As an ideal candidate, you will have:
- A strong understanding of Safety Engineering practices and Engineering methods as applied to the development of equipment in pure engineering environments such as aerospace, military and/or defence.
- Demonstrated experience working in Safety Engineering processes, methods, tools and life-cycles.
- Proven ability to function across multiple project teams ensuring priorities and expectations are balanced to achieve program level outcomes
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
OTHER ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE
- Experience on safety domain and/or system engineering
- Knowledge of international standards of the safety domain
- Good analysis skills (overview, capacity of synthesis, relational)
OTHER DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of ATM domain
- Knowledge of EUROCAT product
- Experience in project management
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Neeha Avasarala on 0430 505 612 quoting ref no. JO-2007-100928. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com