Our client, one of the most prestigious engineering consultancies in the world, is a market leader in terms of NSW major transport infrastructure projects. They are at the forefront of Sydney's transformation and have a 40 strong and specialised Roads Team in place - tasked with driving innovation and delivering world class transport solutions to public and private clients.
We have been instructed to pinpoint a Roads Manager for their Sydney region to help shape the future of the way we use transport. Working with a dynamic Roads and Highways team, you will be responsible for the growth, leadership and enhancement of their industry reputation and be the linchpin for their Roads group.
Working in close partnerships with senior leaders within the business (your collegiate is Group Managers) you will add value with your expert industry knowledge within the Roads design space, providing unrivalled advice and leadership to a team.
To be successful in the role you will
- exhibit strong leadership skills,
- proven experience of delivering results,
- an appetite for business development through other clients, including councils and property developers,
- business acumen,
- embrace the future landscape of working environments, including engaging with and growing the capabilities of remote team members
- a track record in leading and growing a team in the Roads and Highways Design space,
- as well as a strong passion for public transport and roads.
The position requires a person who recognises that leadership skills are more important than technical ability and is comfortable with a changing portfolio mix. We would also be extremely interested in engaging someone who is at a Principal Level that is ready to take the next step up in their career. Whilst RMS experience would be ideal, a proven leader who is able to build on relationships who has prior experience with another Australian roads authority, are also able to be considered.
What you will get in return
- One of the only employee owned engineering consultancies left in Australia
- A business unit which hit last years' financial targets and has a very achievable budget
- A collaborative work environment
- Social drinks every week
- Flexible working arrangements
- Staff discounts across a range of gyms, accommodation, travel and insurance
- Opportunity for shares
And most of all, the chance to be the driver to lead and take the team to new heights in order to shape the future of the way we use Roads and transport in NSW and Australia.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Max Heath on 02 8093 0652 or Jeremy Symes 02 8093 0616, quoting ref no. JO-1807-90049. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com