- Bring a contemporary approach to risk management
- Embed an effective Risk Culture across the organisation
- Partner with the business to uplift capability
Bayside City Council is a unique municipality renowned for its natural environment, 'village feel' and low density living located south of Melbourne's CBD. Home to over 100,000 residents, Bayside City Council's enduring purpose is extraordinary places, thriving communities, better futures. They are a progressive council with a vision to become a sector-leading organisation delivering outstanding customer experience and community outcomes. A unique opportunity has become available for a Risk Management Coordinator to impact lasting change at Bayside.
Find out more about Bayside City Council here: https://www.bayside.vic.gov.au/
Reporting to the Manager Commercial Services, this business critical role will see the Risk Management Coordinator bring a contemporary approach to risk by embedding mature systems and processes while also enhancing the organisational risk appetite and culture. The Risk Management Coordinator will provide strategic leadership and partner with all departments of Council to strengthen their understanding, assessment and management of risk ensuring sustainable practices and outcomes are adopted and embedded into all aspects of Council's operations. Furthermore, the Risk Management Coordinator will:
- Develop and maintain a Risk Management Framework (including policy, strategy, improvement plan, change plan, communication plan, integrated systems, processes and procedures);
- Ensure appropriate insurance coverage is maintained and an effective claims management process is in place;
- Ensure effective Business Continuity Systems and practices are in place and regularly tested and improved.
To be considered for this enviable role, Bayside City Council are seeking an energetic, engaging and experienced risk professional who is renowned for their exceptional stakeholder engagement skills and ability to partner with all levels of an organisation to bring them on a journey of change. Furthermore you are experienced in embedding contemporary risk practices, processes and procedures, within the broader public sector (including statutory authorities and health sectors).
This is a fantastic opportunity to elevate and contemporise risk practices and make Bayside City Council an organisation that stands out from the crowd. Draw on your energy and enthusiasm to make your mark!
For further information or a confidential conversation, please contact Melanie Pecanek on 03 9929 9587 or Patrick Courtney on 03 9929 9537 or to apply, please click the "Apply Now" button and upload your resume.