|Posted||24 days ago|
About the Company
This global ASX listed organisation is an industry leader with a distinguished history and an impressive track record for delivering services within its sector. Not only do they pride themselves on recruiting and training the best staff they also offer a diverse and dynamic environment in which career progression is facilitated.
The Risk Team focuses on challenging the status quo and revolutionising the risk management function within the company in Australia. In the last 18 months the team has successfully redesigned the risk management process, and has implemented innovative tools which have significantly improved the efficiency and effectiveness of risk management in the business.
The Australian Risk Team act as experts in assisting operational and financial leaders to own risk management within their business. To be successful, this requires the ability to influence those leaders in balancing the competing priorities of strong internal control and operational efficiency.
A role has become available for a talented audit/risk analyst to join their high performing team. With support, training and strong mentors this employer is perfect for those looking to make their first step from chartered.
About the Role
Working closely with the Risk Leader, the Risk Analyst will be an expert in identifying key business risks and developing and deploying effective risk management strategies to minimise those risks nationally. The Risk Analyst will be the driving force in ensuring the protection of the businesses assets and contributing to the ongoing success of the company.
- Identify key risks across the business and ensure these are minimised through process improvement and efficient internal controls
- Develop and deploy effective risk management strategies in the business working closely with finance and operational leaders to balance the requirement for strong internal control with the operational focus on making it easier for our consultants to sell travel
- Assist with the refinement and implementation of a centralised risk review function
- Develop and enhance centralised monitoring processes to target specific risk areas and identify exceptions for targeted risk reviews
- Investigate centralised monitoring exceptions
- Analyse risk findings to enhance risk assessment, monitoring and mitigation
- Ensure compliance with company policies and minimum standards for financial systems and processes
- Prepare monthly reporting highlighting key business risks and focus issues
- CPA/CA (or equivalent) studies or completed qualification desirable
- 1-2 years' experience in an audit or risk management role
- High attention to detail with the ability to multi-task
- High level of expertise in Microsoft Excel.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with initiative to resolve issues as they are identified
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with ability to develop relationships at all levels
- Proven track record of implementing practical risk management processes
- Strong customer focus and teamwork skills
- Proven time management and organisational skills
- High degree of flexibility and ability to deal with change, growth and a pressured environment
- Ability to travel at short notice as required
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a company that is at the forefront in its field within a dynamic industry along with an enviable culture and attractive salary and career opportunities.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Scott Harding on 07 3023 1096, quoting ref no. JO-2001-99283. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com