|Location||North Shore, New South Wales|
|Posted||27 days ago|
About the Company
We are working with an award winning, international Engineering Consultancy to recruit a Lead Renewable Engineer for their Sydney office.
About the Role
This is a lead role in developing and delivering our client's Renewables owner's engineer offering across NSW & ACT. You will also be part of a wider, multi-disciplinary team who advises on the development and implementation of a variety of power generation projects across the entire development lifecycle. This includes a range of technologies such as wind, solar PV, battery energy storage systems, gas turbines and engines, pumped hydro, hydrogen and hybrid/island grid applications.
Some specific responsibilities include:
- Identify and build relationships with clients and win work in the renewables sector
- Undertake scoping, concept and feasibility level studies for a wide range of power projects
- Manage, or be part of delivering large scale procurement processes including preparation of EPC type functional specifications, tender evaluations, negotiations, etc.
- Support project implementation through a variety of roles that include owner's engineer, detailed design, lenders engineer and operational phase support.
- Deeply understand our client's most pressing challenges and exciting opportunities relating to the energy sector
- Search for innovative ideas and concepts to further improve delivery processes for the business
To be successful in this role, it is envisaged you will possess:
- An ability to bring innovation to complex problems using your problem solving and analytical skills
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in engineering
- Project management or leading teams experience
- Be registered as a CPEng or eligible for registration
- Significant, relevant post-graduation experience in a role with close contact with the power industry, consulting, or power project developer/owner/operator - with specific renewables construction phase experience, for example in an owner's engineer role, OEM or equivalent
- Understanding of the power project development lifecycle including development approval, environmental assessment, contracting strategies, procurement processes, commercial agreements, financing and implementation/construction of projects
- Knowledge and understanding of other power generation technologies (apart from renewables) including gas turbines, reciprocating engines, large scale batteries, etc would be well regarded
This is a permanent career opportunity with a genuine employer of choice. An attractive remuneration and benefits package is on offer, including ongoing training and personal development, flexibility, and the opportunity to work with well regarded professionas in the industry
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Donna Ison on 07 3023 1047, quoting ref no. JO-2103-103511. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com