|Posted||about 1 month ago|
About the Company
Ocado is the original pioneer of the online grocery market, and has been a world leader in online fulfilment for over a decade. Established for over 20 years in the UK, they continue to partner with world-leading retailers, and are now set to enter the Australian market, with distribution centres to be constructed in Melbourne and Sydney.
Ocado utilises some of the most cutting-edge robotics and automation technology in the world, and they are now recruiting for an exceptional Regional Engineering Operations Manager to spearhead its successful entry into the Australian market and oversee the effective operations of both the Melbourne and Sydney Customer Fulfilment Centres.
About the Role
Based in Melbourne, this is a key leadership position, responsible for the development and implementation of the Engineering Operations function of the Customer Fulfilment Centres.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Recruitment, on-boarding, training and development of the Engineering Operations team
- On-going management of the department, focusing on continuous improvement
- Build and maintain a strong working relationship with support function managers including HR, Engineering and Projects.
- Development and management of Service Level Agreements performance levels with the operational customer.
- Plan and co-ordinate Engineering Operations activities through First Line Managers, ensuring the required level of service is delivered to customers
- Lead site improvement programmes.
- Propose innovative ideas to enhance the warehouse functions and improve the general running of the business.
- Deliver a high availability level within the operation to maximise our customer experience.
- Maintain and enhance the quality systems to ensure the site's continuous improvement in a total quality environment.
- Prepare, manage and work within the departmental budget to assist in overall achievement of targets.
- Ensure all requirements relating to safety, health, environment and quality are being fully implemented in the warehouse in line with company guidelines and local legislative requirements
To be considered for this role, it is expected you will possess:
- Tertiary qualifications in business, engineering, information technology or similar
- Understanding of engineering systems and automation as applicable to warehousing, distribution, logistics and transport
- Proven leadership skills and a passion for building and motivating teams
- Strong safety focus and understanding of Australian Health and Safety standards and practices
- Exceptional communications skills, allowing effective engagement with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong customer focus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- A strong desire to be part of a brand new organisation, and the challenges, opportunities and rewards that entails
- New business in Australia - newly created position - make it your own!
- Proven, cutting-edge technology
- Unlimited career development opportunities in line with company growth
- Attractive salary package on offer
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Donna Ison on 07 3023 1047, quoting ref no. JO-2103-103224. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com