About the Organisation
The Program Delivery and Operations (PDO) branch of the Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) connects Queensland by planning and building projects and programs, and by maintaining, managing and operating an integrated transport network. TMR's vision is to connect people to opportunity; we deliver a single integrated transport system accessible to all.
About the Role
The Regional Director (Metropolitan) will play an integral role in helping shape Queensland's vision of connecting people through delivering a high performing transport infrastructure. Reporting to the General Manager of Program Delivery and Operations, the responsibilities of this exciting leadership position include;
- Leading the strategic planning and delivery of regional programs, identifying improvement initiatives and mobilising people to deliver transport for prosperity;
- Being the principal source of advice to the Director-General, Deputy Director-General, General Manager (Program Delivery and Operations) and senior executives within Transport and Main Roads and other government agencies on all regional issues relating to departmental business;
- Representing the Minister, Director-General, Deputy Director-General, General Manager (Program Delivery and Operations) on departmental business as required; and
- Providing leadership for a state-wide business program and be a contributing member of the Program Delivery and Operations Leadership Team.
To be considered for this opportunity you will possess;
- Have extensive experience in the infrastructure industry, including aspects of the business of commercial infrastructure delivery and asset management;
- Have a high level of engagement and passion for improving the State's commitment to delivering transport for prosperity;
- You will be a highly dynamic leader that can encourage performance through a clearly articulated vision and purpose;
- You will have proven ability to build a cohesive and high performing management team that is characterised by team work, open discussion, strong morale and a focus on results; and
- It is desirable for you to have recognised tertiary qualifications from related discipline fields such as Business, Economics, Law, Engineering, Building and Construction.
To apply online, please click on the link below. Or, if you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact David Wilson on 0407 573 962, quoting ref no. JO-1808-90776. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com