About the Company
To find out more specific about the company and quarry, please contact us directly.
About the Role
As the Quarry Manager, you will be responsible for all areas of sandstone quarry operations, including safety, production and quality.
A person must hold a current practising certificate to be nominated to the statutory function of Quarry Manager. It can be either:
- Quarry Manager Practising Certificate, or
- Quarry Manager Practising Certificate with conditions. These conditions include limiting the holder to a specified mine or mines.
Specifically, the successful applicant will;
- Ensure the site operates in full compliance with all relevant legislations, regulations and company policies and procedures
- Monitor and report progress against key operational targets
- Achieve budgeted production costs and production KPIs
- Display effective leadership behaviours to ensure a highly motivated team
- Have excellent communication skills at all levels of the organisation
- Possess high levels of resilience and a determination to deliver successful outcomes
- Have the ability to utilise your initiative and management skills to identify, manage, and solve issues as they arise
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Previous experience working in sandstone quarries or associated industries
- Washplant knowledge and experience with the ability to modify or build
- Cert IV in Surface Extraction Operations or equivalent
- Mine Managers certification or willing to obtain
- Understanding of the crushing and screening processes
- Experienced in the operation of plant and machinery, FEL, excavators and other quarry mobile plant
- Ability to utilise your initiative and management skills to identify, manage, and solve issues as they arise
- Excellent communication skills at all levels of the organisation
- High levels of resilience and a determination to deliver successful outcomes
- Previous Supervisory experience
- Understanding of relevant Mining legislation
- Drill & Blast experience would be highly regarded
- Inspiring leadership and communication abilities and able to work with small teams.
- Reliable, motivated and able to work under pressure with changing priorities
- Strong commitment to safety
- Unrestricted rights to work in Australia
- Full time, permanent position
- Salary based on experience - up to $150,000 + super
- Fully maintained company ute, laptop and mobile phone
- Central location based close to Sydney/Wollongong.
- Leadership position
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Gareth Broadrick or Kat Fry via email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com