About MST Global
MST is a global Australian company, founded in 1989, providing communication, tracking and lighting solutions for the mining, tunneling and resource sector.
With a global reach across six continents, the company specialises in the design, development, manufacture, deployment and support of mission-critical solutions for voice & data communications; vehicle and personnel tracking; and safety solutions in underground and surface environments. A pioneering force within the mining industry, the company does business with over 300 mine sites worldwide, a mix of blue chip and mid-tier mining companies.
MST is a vertically integrated company incorporating hardware and software product development; assembly; direct sales; project management and deployment resulting in turn-key configurable solutions.
About the Role
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, the Purchasing Officer will be responsible for:
- Process and expedite purchases orders to support the Demand Plans, Sales Orders and Project demand;
- Supplier performance management and cost reduction;
- Governance of the Procurement processes and procedures;
- Monitor inventory databases to understand product usages and contracted suppliers and provide ad-hoc analysis to relevant business stakeholders;
- Maintain key dates on the Purchase Orders so they accurately reflect Customer expectations and delivery commitments;
- Be the key driver of purchasing compliance across the department and work with key stakeholder groups within hospitality, finance and operations to understand uniform processes;
- Provide feedback/escalate any warehouse or logistics issues (e.g. freight forwarding, transport, Customs clearance, etc.) to the Warehouse Supervisor or Supply Chain Manager.
- Previous procurement experienced is essential for this role;
- Knowledge of best practice procurement processes;
- Proven track record in supplier management;
- Hands on approach to driving planning processes;
- Inventory planning experience;
- Problem solving and relationship management;
- Strong written and verbal communication;
- Excellent PC skills - Word and Excel;
- Strong ERP Systems skills, preferably SAP;
- Superior planning and time management skills.
This is an excellent career opportunity with a leading global technology business. A competitive salary and benefit package is on offer for an exceptional candidate.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact George Hall on 07 3023 1054, quoting ref no. JO-2002-99688. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com