Davidson is excited to present an exciting Project Manager contract opportunity with one of our reputable government clients. The initial contract will see you through until EOFY 2020 with the possibility of extension. This is an exciting opportunity to leave your mark on high profile project work. The ideal candidate would have experience working within an infrastruture setting.
About the Role
You will undertake the following responsibilities:
- Identifying and analysing the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) or business funded corporate project requirements to develop and produce strategies to ensure communication, change management and action plans are effectively applied to meet departmental strategic needs and opportunities.
- Collaborating, liaising and negotiating with internal stakeholders, including project sponsors, Director ISB, Project board members and other staff, also external project stakeholders in leading the implementation of ICT projects to enhance the effectiveness of significant activities
- Managing project teams and resources across a diverse range of project functions to undertake development, implementation, training and maintenance to agreed deliverables, contractual and budget obligations, ensuring project deliverables are completed within planned cost, timescale and resource budgets.
- Managing the progress of the ICT projects including the establishment of performance indicators and the maintenance of a quality record system to meet requests for information and for statistical and planning purposes.
- Ensuring compliance with the department's project management methodologies, legislative, industrial and other parameters within the project.
- Managing and prioritising the strategic and operational aspects of projects including the preparation of reports, planning documentation and other communications utilising a range of communication channels and computer applications.
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of quality processes, products and services, as identified through facilitating review, product analysis, client survey analysis and other research and benchmarking activities, which help establish requirements for the implementation of changes.
- Acting as an escalation point for risks and issues throughout the project and actively manage these, including, reporting, mitigation and rectification strategies.
You are an experienced Project Manager who can successfully demonstrate:
- Formal Project Management training or accreditation is preferred
- Project experience supporting people-led, complex ICT-enabled organisational change
- Strong written and oral communication skills including ability to establish relationships, facilitate workshops, consult and influence both business and technical people
- Experience in developing and delivering presentations and facilitating workshops to all levels of staff within an organisation.
- Delivering results in a highly time-sensitive context
- Advanced stakeholder management skills
- Experience working within an infrastructure setting is desirable
Get your application in quick as this role is closing soon.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Van Hoang on 07 3023 1051 / 0452 636 086, or email Van.Hoang@davidsonwp.com quoting ref no. JO-2003-99985. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com