About the Company
Highly respected Commercial and Fit-Out builder is building a new project team due to a high pipeline of work. They need a PM to step in that has worked on either live sites or high quality projects that demand strong attention to detail such as retail fit-out. The company has a desirable culture and sets out clearly defined career oaths to encourage development and job satisfaction.
About the Role
The Construction Project Manager is responsible for effective project management of designated project for both internal and external clients. Responsibility for effective management of teams that include Design, Procurement, Cost and Estimating and Project Managers.
You would be part of a newly established project team and given the chance to show initiative while work diverse live sites and work autonomously with an established support and development structure.
- Preparation and issuing of trade scopes.
- Ensure design and commercial management is undertaken in accordance with the requirements of the Head Contract and Sub-Contracts.
- Manage the Procurement Process in conjunction with the procurement team. Responsibility for maintenance of the Procurement Schedule.
- Ability to Process of Purchase Orders in Cheops / JDE / ELAP as required
- Determine and effect POs vs Subcontracts
- Conduct supplier / sub-contractor meetings as required to address progress and potential contractual issues.
- Preparation of budget and cost plans
- Development of project scope
- Liaison with clients and nominated Design Manager and Consultants for finalisation of specifications
- Development of Overall Project Program
- Development of Procurement Schedule
- Develop the Quality Plan for the project
- Administrative tasks to secure client agreement and internal finance / IT registration.
- Develop work methods, identify materials, ensure plant and equipment comply with OHS legislation, regulations, standards, codes and environmental requirements, including the development of Project Management Plans.
- Tertiary qualifications in Building, Engineering, Project Management or other trade/property related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in Project Management role with residential / hotel project's valued over $5 million.
- Experience in carrying out project management duties through the design and construction process.
- Strong Construction Program development and management skills, including intermediate to expert level Microsoft Project.
- Proven track record and genuine interest in residential apartments, hospitality and / or mixed use developments.
- Proven ability to manage and lead; site resources, preliminary costs and commercial processes.
- Contractor sub contract management experience
- Experience with Construction Cost Management including Software
- Track record of leading high-performing and highly-engaged teams.
- Extensive experience in design and construction processes and management.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate and influence at all levels both internally and externally.
- Acute financial management and problem solving skills. Financial management and analytical skills
- Assess opportunity and risk in order to make commercially sound decisions.
- Persuasive verbal and written skills.
- Demonstrated ability to create, drive and implement strategy across projects.
- Analytical, thorough, detailed, organised, flexible and innovative in problem solving.
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Passionate, energetic, dynamic, enthusiastic and able to work under pressure
- Pro-active - makes things happen.
- Soft skills necessary to engage with suppliers, contractors and clients but with the technical knowledge necessary to be a liaison between stakeholders, suppliers and delivery teams.
This is a great chance to get a market leader on your CV. Plus fast-rack your career the correct way.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in word format. If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Tom Hitchcock on 02 8093 0610, quoting ref no. JO-1803-87897. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com