|Location||Hunter, New South Wales|
|Posted||6 days ago|
About the Company
For more information about the specific council, please contact me directly.
About the Role
The successful applicant will be responsible for project management of capital community infrastructure projects
to be delivered over the next 2 years. This includes coordination of investigation, design and construction of
projects to meet the objectives of Council and the community.
Reporting to the Manager Works, Property and Building Services, this position will work closely with Building Surveyors and Planners to support the approvals process and meet all compliance requirements. This position will liaise with contractors to prepare, review and negotiate contracts, ensuring compliance with Council's procurement policies and procedures.
On a day to day basis, the successful applicant will be accoutnable for:
- Delivering major projects within agreed budgets and timeframes and ensure the development of effective project plans and monitor regularly.
- Working closely with planners and building surveyors to support the development approval process and meet regulatory compliance for projects and assist in the preparation of environmental impact assessments and Review of Environmental Factors (REF).
- Organising tender documentation, quotations, and contract documentation to meet project and service objectives, within agreed quality, cost and time requirements.
- Supervising, monitoring, and managing all relevant contract specifications and documentation.
- Ensuring all relevant work health and safety documentation, such as safe work method statements, project site inductions, and toolbox meetings, are current and accurate, and appropriate records are maintained.
- Ensuring that the investigation of injuries and incidents are carried out in a timely manner, and that agreed and autorised improvements are implemented and closed off.
- Ensuring asset information, works as executed plans, and operating procedures are appropriately recorded and disseminated to the organisation.
- Assisting in the assessment of project milestones, financial claims, and grant acquittals.
The succesful applicant will need:
- Tertiary Qualifications in Engineering or Project Management equivalent and/or equivalent work experience.
- Skills and experience in the use of MS Project or equivalent
- Class C Drivers Licence
- Working knowledge of the relevant and applicable NSW legislation; e.g. tendering regulations in the NSW Local Government Act; EP&A Act; Heritage Conservation; and Building Code of Australia (desirable)
- Advanced working knowledge of Aus-Spec and RMS design and construction specifications; in particular building design and construction guidelines and specifications (desirable)
Please note the salary is banded between $80,000 - $92,000 + super. This is not negotiable.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Kat Fry at email@example.com. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com