Davidson is excited to present a brand-new Project Manager contract opportunity with one of our well-respected government clients. The initial contract will see you through until EOFY 2020 with the possibility of 6 month extension. This is an exciting opportunity to leave your mark on high profile government project work. If you are an experienced Project Manager who is well across infrastructure, software development and vendor-led implementations, this is the role for you!
About the Role
As a Project Manager, you will undertake the following key responsibilities:
- Lead and manage numerous ICT projects involving ICT governance, prioritisation and strategic ICT roadmaps to achieve organisational goals.
- Develop, promote and maintain an effective model of tiered IT support services, recommending governance arrangements where appropriate including contractors and external providers.
- Maintain a high-level of knowledge of the current and planned business strategies, objectives and policies as well as the government's service delivery strategies to allow informed consideration of potential ICT opportunities.
- Support business areas in the identification, development and review of proposed ICT-related projects and provide feedback in a positive, collaborative approach.
- Undertake organisation-wide analyses of ICT dependencies to identify potential risks and impacts from the introduction, enhancement and/or replacement of ICT systems.
- Oversee the schedule, implementation and development of approved ICT-related projects, implement appropriate mitigation strategies to overcome obstacles, and provide leadership to staff and contractors.
- Ensure project management deliverables including documentation for assigned projects use appropriate project management methodologies, e.g. PRINCE2
- Demonstrate workforce practices that build a constructive culture with a focus on integrity, performance, capability building, personal accountability and nurturing of leadership potential.
You will successfully demonstrate the following key skills and experience:
- Understanding the organisations objectives and aligns operational activities by setting work tasks that support business objectives.
- Proven experience in delivering ICT projects, using contemporary project management methodologies (PRINCE2, and/or AGILE methodology) within agreed timeframes and budgets. Capitalises on expert knowledge and skills of others and contributes own expertise to achieve outcomes in the delivery of services that support business operations.
- Experience in effectively leading teams and managing staff to deliver ICT-related project solutions and services.
- High level of problem solving, analytical and conceptual skills as they relate to the delivery and management of ICT projects.
- Confidently presenting messages in a clear, concise and articulate manner, focusing on key points and using appropriate language. Excellent oral and written communication skills to ensure clarity to achieve business outcomes and facilitate positive and professional working relationships.
- Ability to acquire a knowledge of obligations to respect, protect and promote human rights in Queensland and apply that knowledge to this role.
If this sound like you, we would love to hear from you! Get your application in quick as this role is closing soon!
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Van Hoang on 0452 636 086 / 07 3023 1051, or email Van.Hoang@davidsonwp.com quoting ref no. JO-2003-100044. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com