|Posted||13 days ago|
Davidson is delighted to be partnering with WestWind Energy to recruit a Project Engineer, based in Gisborne, Victoria. WestWind Energy is an Australian wind farm developer with strong global backing.
The organisation dedicated to the development, construction, operation and management of wind farms and other renewable energy projects in Australia with a mission to be a driver of change towards a sustainable energy future for our planet. With over 300MW of wind energy projects delivered internationally, the focus in Australia is centred around the development of the Golden Plains Wind Farm, which is set to be one of the largest in the Southern Hemisphere.
Reporting to the Head of Project Delivery, the role of Project Engineer will see a varied and diverse workload which will develop over time.
With a strong focus on stakeholder engagement, the role will interact with a range of parties including landholders, community and engineering and construction contractors. In many forums, the role will act as the face of the WestWind Energy business.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the management of onsite works, working closely with the Head of Project Delivery.
- Communicating with a range of different stakeholders including landholders hosting the infrastructure (farmers) to understand their business and requirements and establish trust between the parties.
- Utilising core skills in critical thinking to problem solve in a range of scenarios; both stand alone and on site-based work managing consultants and contractors.
- Performing a key role in risk identification, mitigation and management.
- Regular travel to the Rokewood Victoria site.
This role represents a genuine opportunity to join an organisation with a passion to make a positive difference, a strong value set and to work on one of the most significant renewable energy projects in Australia.
With a practical approach to problem solving, a strong technical aptitude and outstanding communication skills the successful candidate will grow into a role with a high level of autonomy.
In order to be successful, you will:
- Have experience in a Project Engineering capacity, managing on-site delivery.
- Be experienced in the use of GIS software.
- Hold an engineering degree (Electrical ideally) and have post-graduate experience in the energy or infrastructure sectors. Project Management experience will be highly beneficial.
- Be a naturally strong communicator, comfortable speaking to a variety of stakeholders and employees.
- Be passionate about renewable energy with ambition to build a career in this exciting and innovative market sector.
In addition to the opportunity to work on one of the highest profile projects in the market, this role offers an attractive salary and opportunity to work in a flexible environment with a combination of on-site, office and work from home options.
WestWind Energy employs some of the industry's leading professionals and this role will offer the successful applicant the opportunity to develop a long and successful career in the sector.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact George Hall on 0468 341 514, quoting ref no. JO-2102-103008. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com