Davidson has partnered exclusively with Moreton Bay Regional Council to source exceptional candidates for the position of Smart Cities Systems Project Coordinator.
About Moreton Bay Regional Council
Moreton Bay Regional Council is one of the fastest growing areas in Australia and the third largest local government by population. Positioned between Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast, the Moreton Bay Region is proud of its diverse communities and landscapes. It covers coastal settlements like Redcliffe and Bribie Island, rural townships like Dayboro, hilltop villages like Mount Mee, urban communities like "the Hills" district adjoining Brisbane and areas of strong business and residential growth such as North Lakes.
This determined Council has recently partnered with others to ensure the successful delivery of catalytic projects like the Redcliffe Peninsula Rail Line, University of Sunshine Coast's Moreton Bay Campus and The Mill Priority Development Area.
With a Gross Regional Product of $14.7 billion, this region's strong economic performance and upward growth trajectory provides an array of business and investment opportunities.
Moreton Bay Regional Council is committed to providing cost-effective services and facilities to enhance residents' quality of life.
About the Role
Within the Finance and Corporate Services Division and reporting to the Chief Digital Officer, the Smart Cities Systems Project Coordinator will provide innovation and technical expertise to identify and develop new approaches to Council business via the use of IoT-based data from the field and the use of data analytics to assist in decision making.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate a range of projects to ensure the ongoing development and progression of Smart City initiatives across Council.
- Develop and test new approaches to devices and data using a range of technical skills such as programming prototype devices to ingest and store data from an IoT device.
- Prepare system and product specifications to support procurement activities, including the development of budget submissions to support potential pilot projects.
- Engage with relevant staff across Council including group facilitation activities, engagement with vendors, and suppliers and engagement with other local governments.
- Develop and maintain a level of technical expertise sufficient to develop a range of solutions relating to emerging technologies.
- Research and develop business cases for new projects.
- Demonstrated relevant experience in a similar role or a role requiring a similar skill set.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing IT and local government solutions into a business environment, managing change, project management methodologies and the realisation of business benefits.
- Experience researching and developing business cases to support technology projects.
- Well-developed people and relationship skills with demonstrated ability to work in a team environment communicating and motivating effectively at all levels of the organisation, contributing to a positive work environment with a strong focus on provision of quality customer service.
- Degree in information technology, business systems or other relevant field.
- Current C class driver's licence.
This is a genuine career opportunity with a leading Queensland Regional Council undergoing a pivotal chapter of organisational, operational and cultural change. A modern technology environment, great team culture and competitive salary and benefit package is on offer for an exceptional candidate, with a real passion to contribute to the region.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Gerry Deakin on 07 3023 1032, quoting ref no. JO-2002-99672. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com