The client is currently implementing a major business transformation agenda and, under the direction of the Program Manager, a Program Management Office (PMO) has been established to successfully execute the transformation program. PMO responsibilities include:
- Accountable for the delivery of the approved transformation program
- Manage the requisite program planning, scheduling, resourcing, monitoring/reporting and delivery elements of the program
- Define and monitor specific projects that comprise the program
- Establish appropriate governance mechanisms to effectively manage program risks and issues to ensure timely and fully-informed decision-making
- Ensure appropriate communication and change strategies are in place to ensure that the business, its staff and external stakeholders are informed and aware of any program/project deliverable requirements
- Ensure that the articulated benefits of implementing the new system are actually realised.
In this role you will lead the schedule management function for the transformation program to implement a new service delivery model and system to maximise the effectiveness and efficiency.
This position reports to the Program Manager, and will work closely with project managers and the new system service provider.
- Developing and maintaining an integrated program master schedule which incorporates all projects and initiatives being delivered by the program
- Sequencing the program activities and estimating the activity durations and costs in consultation with stakeholders
- Proactively identifying risks and issues that will have impact on the delivery of the program, and liaising with relevant program and project stakeholders to inform decision making
- Regular engagement with vendor teams and other key program stakeholders to manage and track cross-project interdependencies and resource capacity
- Reconciling the program master schedule with project time, and resource constraints
- Reporting on the progress of the master program schedule
Your core capabilities
- Microsoft Project and SharePoint skills
- Demonstrated skills in project scheduling including the ability to maintain and monitor complex, multi stream schedules, including multiple vendor schedules
- Ability to manage work packages and activities
- Ability to gather information to understand, identify, evaluate and recommend options, and provide accurate and clear advice
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to develop and maintain project communication channels and facilitate collaboration and open communication amongst project teams
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills to build and maintain positive relationships with team members and a wide range of stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Well developed organisational and planning skills and the ability to prioritise work to meet project deadlines and agreed commitments within a time critical development environment.
Your professional expertise
The following qualifications/certifications/skills are highly desirable for this role:
- Prince2® Project Management training or equivalent experience in a project environment.
- Experience in ITIL frameworks.
- Experience working in large corporate or government environments and/or on ICT projects.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Nicholas Leong on 07 3023 1069, quoting ref no. JO-1808-90824. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com