Davidson is excited to present a brand-new contract opportunity within the PMO space! One of our major government client is urgently seeking a Program / PMO Manager to work on a contract role through until 31 December 2020. There is possibility of two 6 month extensions! You will lead a small team in the provision of guidance, resources and assurance services for ICT projects. This is an exciting opportunity to leave your mark on high profile government project work whilst leading the PMO through a time of significant change!
About the Role
You will be responsible for:
- Designing and implementing a contemporary PMO approach and integrating this into the organisation's changing structure
- Identifying and developing core PMO services in conjunction with stakeholders and capturing these within the Branch's service catalogue
- Defining roles, competencies and skills, consistent with the staffing numbers and identifying performance measurements as they relate to the development of a PMO
- Energise team members, promoting awareness and active engagement in agile ways of working, agile theory, principles, practices, rules and values by innovating and inspiring the team(s)
- Reviewing existing governance functions to ensure decision making happens at the appropriate levels and committee meetings deliver value for the organisation
- Development and/or providing guidance of project, program and portfolio reporting.
- Overseeing the internal assurance practice including project reviews with project managers
- Building capability and providing advice and support to project managers, scrum masters, product owners and stakeholders and ensuring that agile practices are understood
- Learning, documenting and propagating lessons learned from ISIP and other projects and programs happening around the Department
- Building the capability to manage and oversee the ceremonies involved in the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) Agile Release Train events (e.g. scrum-of-scrums, Product Owner/Manager sync, Iteration review, Program Increment Showcase, etc.)
- Employ and leverage tools and techniques to maximise team effectiveness and reduce team risk exposure (physical and/or virtual boards, collaboration and productivity software, etc.)
If this sounds like something you can see yourself working on, we would like to hear from you. Get your application in today, as this role is progressing quick!
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please email Praneil.Raniga@davidsonwp.com, quoting ref no. JO-2005-100491. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com