About the Role
The Program Manager provides the senior management interface between program delivery teams and the executive management.
The Program Manager is responsible for the clear definition of business outcomes, organisational impacts, opportunities and the benefits roadmap. The Program Manager will provide strategic guidance, governance and industry best practice to the Program. This role will focus on uplifting confidence and transparency for the Program business stakeholders at the executive leadership level by enabling effective communication and efficient program delivery.
The Program will transition IT services from the existing IT service providers to the future service provider. The vendor will provide a broad range of IT services from service management (ITSM) through to technical delivery (EUC, network and communication, process and storage, cloud services and information security). The Program will manage the transition out of the incumbent suppliers whilst managing in the new. It will also ensure the IT organisation is structured appropriately for the ongoing vendor and service management challenge.
- Plan and deliver the business and technology change activities required to achieve the strategic goals for a major organisational transformation program within the agreed governance framework and program methodology.
- Plan, implement and monitor all business implementation aspects of the program, partnering with business leaders and organisational change experts to ensure the program's overall progress, issue resolution and initiation of corrective actions as appropriate.
- Partner with the Senior Manager ICT Operations and external Implementation Partner(s) to ensure the optimum delivery of ICT capability to enable business transformation.
- Develop, implement and maintain the program delivery schedule and ensure all deliverables are produced in accordance with quality standards and approved by the relevant program governance body.
- Manage multi-disciplinary business and ICT teams, with specific focus on delivery of business benefits, organisational change and readiness.
- Manage large-scale program and project budgets and monitor the expenditure and forecast cost against delivered and realised benefits as the program progresses.
- Manage risks and issues and track all interdependencies for inclusion in critical planning relating to the implementation of the program.
- Provide regular reporting on progress, and practical and timely advice, recommendations and assistance to stakeholders and governance groups, with a focus on the delivery of benefits.
Skills and Abilities
The Program Manager should be able to:
- Demonstrate high-level capacity to communicate with and influence stakeholders across all levels of the organsiation in order to achieve business transformation and agreed strategic goals
- Analyse and communicate at the executive level the impacts of the program on existing business and organisational operations, including related policies, procedures, standards and best practices
- Demonstrate capacity to network effectively, negotiate successfully and implement organisational change positively
- Take account of the broader organisational perspective/s including emerging changes, and consider the implications for the Program and action as required
- Demonstrate highly effective communication skills with ability to articulate complex issues to a wide range of stakeholders, both written and verbally.
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience in delivering large-scale business change and transformation initiatives related to the successful implementation IT managed service providers.
- Demonstrated experience in IT vendor management and IT organisational change activities.
- Extensive knowledge of budget management and accountability
- Experience in the development of and adherence to quality processes to ensure the robustness and reliability of the business solution
- Demonstrated knowledge of program/project management best practice methodologies, (preferably MSP/PRINCE2)
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Program and Project delivery
- Significant management and leadership experience at executive leadership level
- Demonstrated experience and success in human resource management and people development
- Demonstrated successful leadership, with proven ability to motivate multi-disciplinary teams (business and ICT) to deliver shared Program and organisational goals and targets
- Extensive experience in delivery of ICT and business outcomes using Operational Technology interfaces.
- Bachelor or Post graduate degree in Information technology, Information management or Business
- Evidence of continuing professional and personal development
- Program and project management certifications
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Nicholas Leong on 07 3023 1069, quoting ref no. JO-2002-99411. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com