The Parkes Region is a great place to live and raise a family with affordable housing, lifestyle properties and diverse employment opportunities. It boasts a diverse economy with strong industries including transport, mining, healthcare, tourism, agriculture and public administration.
About the Role
Joining the Works and Services Directorate and reporting into the Director Works and Services, the position is responsible for Coordinating the development of Council's annual and long-term infrastructure works programs. Additinally the role will provide input into the development of Council's Workforce and Asset Management Plans, Operational budget and long-term financial planning.
A link to the full candidate brochure can be found here:
- Undertake strategic evaluation of capital projects utilising multi-criteria assessment and evaluation of asset function and utilisation.
- Undertake detailed investigation for project planning and scoping and prepare grant submissions for capital projects.
- Actively contribute to the management of Council's risk exposure through utilising best practice in project management and quality systems in the preparation of project documentation.
- Undertake risk review in planning for and delivering Council projects.
- Prioritise and coordinate the Section's technical functions to meet the requirements of project delivery and report on project progress.
- Prepare and prioritise annual works programs in cooperation with Manager Assets and Project Planning and Manager Works.
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation (including WHS), current guidelines, and standards as applicable to the activities of the Section.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge and proficiency in the application of relevant Federal and State legislation, Council policies and engineering theory and practice.
- Support and monitor the development of standards, processes and policies applicable to the Section including Civil Infrastructure, Development Certification and Project Management.
- To undertake other duties as required by Parkes Shire Council, within the scope of the person's capabilities, knowledge and experience.
- Degree in Civil Engineering or a similar related field
- Diploma in Project Management
- Current and maintained NSW Driver's Licence
- Working with Children Check
- Minimum of 5 years experience in relevant field including management roles
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact either Amy Frew or Gareth Broadrick on 02 8093 0600, quoting ref no. JO-2001-99188. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com