About the Company
The client is an organisation of 600 staff (approx.) undertaking work across 16 regional sites across Queensland.
The client are currently embarking on a business transformation program incorporating improved client facing services, process automation and information digitisation & analytics.
About the Role
As a Program Director, you will be responsible for stewarding critical enterprise investments and driving the delivery of transformational change by providing leadership and direction to the assigned programs and projects. You will be responsible for managing a large scale complex program that is strategic in nature, multi-year, state-wide, cross functional, cross organisational that encompasses cultural, business & technological change. Your key responsibilities include:
- To provides steady leadership in the face of uncertainty, change, and aggressive deadlines that enable the client to implement an evolving business service model
- To plan program activities including formation of sub projects that encompass both IT and business change activities.
- To lead cross-functional team and foster excellence, drives passion for business change
- To effectively manage stakeholders, conflicts and issues management and resolution
- Keeping senior management & stakeholders informed with accurate and timely information.
- To establish and manage all aspects of the program, from inception to program closure.
- To establish effective and workable program governance and assurance structure enabling, successful delivery of program outcomes.
- To enable and manage the realisation of business benefits
- To ensures that the scope of the projects within the program align with business priorities to design and deliver coherent capabilities across the client
- To effectively manage program budget, variance and scope changes.
- To effectively address any Program risk and issue management matters as needed
- To influence and address any resourcing issues as needed
- To set performance expectations for project delivery, yielding consistent results both internally and with suppliers
- To support and coach project managers within the program, and
- Any other work as required by Executive Director, Digital & Technology
- Ability to build and lead integrated teams across internal and external organisations and sites
- Adept at helping team members harness and develop strengths in pursuit of successful program outcomes
- Ability to promote innovative ideas and accept the risks that are required to lead change
- Ability to achieve broadly communicated objectives with a minimal amount of supervision
- Ability to make decisions independently and to assume higher-level leadership responsibilities in critical situations
- Proven problem-solving, decision-making, and financial skills
- Effective consultative and influencing approach across all tiers of the organisation
- Proven ability to enact change quickly
- Demonstrated high degree of Program and Project Management skills
- A strong business acumen that enables focused discussion and quick resolution to business problems as they arise.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and proven ability to work effectively with all organizational levels
- Appropriate knowledge of the regulatory and quality requirements for the industry
- Experience in managing large program budgets
- Effective business-development skills, including proposal development and preparation
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and success managing in Programs and Projects that include engagement of procurement and legal services
- Demonstrate a blend of commercial and business acumen, IT program, project and solutions delivery know-how, governance and IT solutions experience
- Highly skilled in the use and application of Program and Project Management tools, techniques and methodologies (e.g. MSP, Agile, Prince2, PMP)
- Demonstrates strong experience managing internal, external and hybrid teams
We are looking for an experienced Program Director, who can demonstrate not only their experience in delivering complex programs but also their ability to effectively lead and gain the confidence of the executive team as a trusted advisor, through effective collaboration.
- Ability to manage and report progress of dependent and independent project initiatives
- Experience working with numerous project managers across a single program
- Experience with program or project delivery preferably within State or Local Government
- Experience with ICT procurement preferably in State or Local Government
- Waterfall , Agile & HCD experience with various dependent projects potentially being executed with different methodologies by one or multiple vendor(s)
- Bachelor's degree required; master's degree desirable, or 10+ years of related experience
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Nicholas Leong on 07 3023 1069, quoting ref no. JO-1807-89895. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com