|Posted||about 1 month ago|
About the Company
This organisation is a Western Sydney based, family owned success story. It is dedicated to the design and construction of customised homes with focus on innovation and quality. The owners demonstrate clear pride in being a boutique builder who services clients looking for more than than a mainstream option. The quality of workmanship, customer service, and customisation services provide for a unique builder and client relationship that ensures the design, tender, and construction of their homes is unsurpassed for quality and design.
About the Role
As Project & Estimating Manager you will play a key role in supporting the Managing Director grow the organisation whilst delivering exceptional solutions to the customer. This is a high profile that will allow you to work collaboratively within the leadership team, whilst working to deliver your expertise in Production and Estimating.
- Managing / sourcing suppliers, contractors, consultants in their provision of our requirements.
- Negotiating suppler and subcontractor agreements, their terms, rates, etc
- Checking supplier and contractor rates against market movements and trends.
- Assessment of new or alternate materials / construction methodologies against items or processes currently implemented.
- Assessment of evolving home designs for construction efficiency, construction detailing issues, or design improvements available.
- Inputs on standard job specifications, and alternate options that may be suited to new or evolving designs.
- Quality assurance checking of materials and workmanship being performed on site. (liaison with the Site Supervisor)
- Assistance with design evolution inputs for new designs and custom designs. (liaison with MD and Creative / Marketing Director)
- Co-ordination and management of Construction Management software- Estimating, Job Costs, Production Reporting, Job reporting, Job Programming.
- Preparation of Job Cost summary reports before, during, post construction.
- Sales / Production tender preparation
- Tender presentation to clients with MD
- Agenda preparation for production meetings
- Construction detailing where required (liaison with Supervisor)
- Management of rates / pricing / cost codes database
- Detailed quantity takeoffs and tender procurement as required in collation and preparation of BOQ summaries to enable sales and production tendering on home designs.
- Co-ordination of subcontractor / supplier quotes for jobs where required
- Preparation and issue of purchase orders for subcontractors, suppliers, and consultants as required for each job, with detailed scope of works
- Invoice assessments, coding, and approvals (liaison with supervisor as required)
- Administration of back charges where required
- Quantification / pricing on variations as they arise.
This role requires extensive experience and knowledge in construction, estimation, and production management of high quality homes and the servicing of the clients that buy them. Experience must include estimation and practical construction experience within the residential home market.
A tertiary qualification in a Construction related field (Const Management, Quantity Surveying, Engineering) would be preferred. A trade qualification or on site construction experience would be a bonus.
Written and verbal communication skills must be at a high level.
Computer literacy with Microsoft Office and general computer competence must be at a high level. Training will be provided for operation of our Construction Management software.
Drivers licence and your own car are a mandatory requirement as site visits and external meetings are often required.
- This is a role that will allow you to develop your leadership skills working directly for the MD.
- You will join a company that values its employees highly, working in a close team environment.
- Generous salary package.
- Car Parking available.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Christian Bloomfield on 02 8093 0602, quoting ref no. JO-2010-101794. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com