About the Company
I am working with a Federal Government client seeking an experienced Privacy Officer for an initial period of 6 months, with a potential extension by another six months. Estimated start date: 20th April 2020.
About the Role
As part of a multi-disciplinary product team, accountable to and working closely with the Product Manager and the team, you will be primarily involved in the planning, management and delivery of a privacy related outcomes aligned to the digital product and services.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Provide privacy advice (verbal and written) on
- a national citizen facing digital platform
- on the general application of privacy law to the program's activities
- on what to consider when deciding whether to carry out a Privacy Impact Assessment
- safeguards to apply to mitigate any risks to the privacy of individuals
- Co-ordinating the handling of internal and external privacy enquiries, privacy complaints, and requests for access to, and correction of, personal information
- Maintain a record of the platform's personal information holdings
- Assist with the preparation of Privacy Impact Assessments
- Assist to write, update and execute the program and product's Privacy Management Plan
- Report, measure and document the program and product's performance against its Privacy Management Plan
- Work closely with key stakeholders on privacy related matters and across key government agencies, including the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
- Contribute to the further development of the agency's and taskforces' privacy compliance maturity. This includes action planning, proactive engagement with agency and other stakeholders and developing appropriate tools and processes
- Contributing to the development of policies, procedures and templates, by playing a key role participating in a multidiscipline Product Team and the larger Program
Working remotely given the current restrictions. Progressing into office-base location when restrictions are lifted - either Sydney or Canberra.
To be successful for this role, you will have:
- Extensive experience as a successful privacy and legislation adviser.
- Demonstrated proven ability and examples of high-level advisory to product manager, on privacy and legislative matters and the delivery of related outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve privacy issues and legislative matters and prioritise deliverables, aligned to team goals and workflows.
- Experience working effectively in a multidisciplinary team
- Knowledge and working experience of Agile product development, particularly JIRA.
To apply for this role, you must be an Australian Citizen and will be required to have (or be able to obtain and maintain) an NV1 clearance. Click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Simone Wilson on 03 9929 9503, quoting ref no. JO-2004-100114.
Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com