Davidson has partnered exclusively with Moreton Bay Regional Council to source exceptional candidates for the position of Principal Strategic Planner - Master Planning.
About Moreton Bay Regional Council
Moreton Bay Regional Council is one of the fastest growing areas in Australia and the third largest local government by population. Positioned between Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast, the Moreton Bay Region is proud of its diverse communities and landscapes. It covers coastal settlements like Redcliffe and Bribie Island, rural townships like Dayboro, hilltop villages like Mount Mee, urban communities like "the Hills" district adjoining Brisbane and areas of strong business and residential growth such as North Lakes.
This determined Council has recently partnered with others to ensure the successful delivery of catalytic projects like the Redcliffe Peninsula Rail Line, University of Sunshine Coast's Moreton Bay Campus and The Mill Priority Development Area.
With a Gross Regional Product of $14.7 billion, this region's strong economic performance and upward growth trajectory provides an array of business and investment opportunities.
Moreton Bay Regional Council is committed to providing cost-effective services and facilities to enhance residents' quality of life.
About the Role
Working within the Strategic Planning and Place Making Department, the Principal Strategic Planner - Master Planning will provide specialist planning expertise in the delivery of strategic planning and place making services within the Moreton Bay Regional Council area in accordance with relevant legislation and Council procedures, policies and directives.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide accurate and timely information and expert advice to strategic planning and place making matters.
- Partner with key internal and external stakeholders to identify opportunities for continuous improvement of business processes to achieve value and efficiency, while driving a continuous improvement, performance, and customer focussed culture within the team.
- Programmatically manage tasks and complex projects to achieve performance outcomes and contribute to the strategic direction and vision of the division.
- Partner and foster strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders in the development and implementation of key policy around the planning scheme, infrastructure planning, significant major projects and key placemaking activities.
- Degree Urban and Regional Planning, or other relevant field
- Comprehensive knowledge of strategic and land use planning processes, including the Planning Act 2016, SEQ Regional Plan, Council local laws and policies, or the ability to quickly acquire this information.
- Expert knowledge of urban planning and development issues specifically around legislation reform and placemaking combined an ability to generate innovative, commercially cognisant solutions, and deliver on our commitment of continual improvement.
- Comprehensive industry knowledge and the ability to prepare and present complex planning and management reports and submissions to Council, the development industry and the community.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to communicate internally and externally
- Current C class driver's licence.
This is a genuine career opportunity with a leading Queensland Regional Council undergoing a pivotal chapter of organisational, operational and cultural change. A competitive salary and benefit package is on offer for an exceptional candidate, with a real passion to contribute to the region.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Donna Ison on 07 3023 1047, quoting ref no. JO-2002-99503. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com