About the Company
Davidson Recruitment are experts in matching candidates with the most exclusive Government opportunities. Our Government Team are currently working with a large client to find a highly experienced Principal Policy Advisor A08. This is a senior level role where you will be writing legislation, policy and highly complex briefings. This is a 6 month opportunity to start ASAP.
About the Role
- Provide high level and authoritative policy advice to the division and other stakeholders.
- Apply high level analytical, research and problem solving skills to interpret complex safety and health legislation, proactively identify policy issues and recommend options to resolve them using a risk-based, data-driven approach.
- Coordinate and prepare complex documents including discussion papers, reports, submissions, briefing notes, legislation, presentations, speeches, publications, operational policy documents and correspondence.
- Develop drafting instructions for legislative amendments and instruct the Office of the Queensland Parliamentary Counsel.
- Act as a project leader, direct specific tasks and supervise and mentor senior policy officers within the team, as required.
- Given the complex nature of the role, previous Government experience is highly regarded
- A legal background is highly advantageous
- Previous track record of writing, developing and researching policies
- Ability to write complex cabinet submissions and briefing notes for ministers
- Highly analytical and concise in developing submissions
- 6 month contract based in the Brisbane CBD with a large Government Department
- $77.47 p/hour + super
- A dedicated consultant to guide you throughout the process
Applications are currently being received and shortlisted.
Further enquiries can be directed to the Government Recruitment Team - email@example.com
Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com