Davidson has partnered exclusively with Moreton Bay Regional Council to source exceptional candidates for the position of Principal Infrastructure Planner - Parks, Recreation and Community Facilities.
About Moreton Bay Regional Council
Moreton Bay Regional Council is one of the fastest growing areas in Australia and the third largest local government by population. Positioned between Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast, the Moreton Bay Region is proud of its diverse communities and landscapes. It covers coastal settlements like Redcliffe and Bribie Island, rural townships like Dayboro, hilltop villages like Mount Mee, urban communities like "the Hills" district adjoining Brisbane and areas of strong business and residential growth such as North Lakes.
This determined Council has recently partnered with others to ensure the successful delivery of catalytic projects like the Redcliffe Peninsula Rail Line, University of Sunshine Coast's Moreton Bay Campus and The Mill Priority Development Area.
With a Gross Regional Product of $14.7 billion, this region's strong economic performance and upward growth trajectory provides an array of business and investment opportunities.
Moreton Bay Regional Council is committed to providing cost-effective services and facilities to enhance residents' quality of life.
About the Role
Reporting to the Manager Strategic Infrastructure Planning, the Principal Infrastructure Planner - Parks, Recreation and Community Facilities will lead strategic planning and policy development activities for Council's parks, recreation and community facilities infrastructure networks to facilitate the sustainable growth of the Moreton Bay region, operating closely with state agencies and other key stakeholders to deliver strategic and long-term infrastructure planning outcomes.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead the development and delivery of Council's key strategic infrastructure policies, long term planning and delivery programs for the parks, recreation and community facilities infrastructure networks to support various programs of work including Regional Growth Management Strategy, Local Government Infrastructure Plan (LGIP), Maturing the Infrastructure Planning Pipeline, major developments and multiple high growth areas.
- Lead the review and development of major infrastructure strategies including Community Infrastructure Strategy and Open Space Strategy. Support outdoor and urban recreation and sports facilities planning.
- Assist with the parks, recreation and community facilities infrastructure network planning for the LGIP program, including development of desired standards of service, project prioritisation and costings, extrinsic material reports and strategic advice having regard to relevant statutory, policy and financial provisions and Council direction.
- Support the development and administration of detailed infrastructure plans and infrastructure agreements for major developments and capture infrastructure project outcomes that contribute to achieving LGIP outcomes and other programs such as charge recovery and corridor preservation.
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders to optimise infrastructure network service outcomes. Actively engage with the relevant state agencies to achieve alignment between Moreton Bay region and Queensland Government long term infrastructure planning and priorities with a strong emphasis on solutions that promote and facilitate sustainable outcomes in a rapidly growing metropolitan region.
- Have knowledge and understanding of parks, recreation and community facilities infrastructure outcomes including, network planning and modelling accessibility, safety and diversity, urban form, financial sustainability and placemaking principles having regard to community expectations and Councils Desired Standards of Service for the delivery of infrastructure.
- Degree in Landscape Architecture, Open Space Planning and/or another relevant field including eligibility for membership of relevant peak bodies such as AILA and or PLA.
- Extensive experience in a similar role
- Comprehensive industry knowledge and the ability to prepare and present complex planning and management reports and submissions to Council, the development industry and the community.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to communicate internally and externally
- Current C class driver's licence.
This is a genuine career opportunity with a leading Queensland Regional Council undergoing a pivotal chapter of organisational, operational and cultural change. A competitive salary and benefit package is on offer for an exceptional candidate, with a real passion to contribute to the region.
Website - Further Information and Job Description - (you may have to copy the link and paste into your browser)
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Donna Ison on 07 3023 1047 or Declan Jones on 07 3023 1065, quoting ref no. JO-2002-99499. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com