Principal Advisor Finance
About the Company
Davidson are a preferred supplier for the government sector and have strong partnerships within local, state and federal government. We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Finance Business Partner to commence a temporary contract.
About the Role:
As a Principal Advisor, you will operate as a senior specialist within the Financial Services Group, providing direct advice and guidance to the CFO.
- Run and analyse reports and complex financials for ad hoc requests;
- Prepare for Audit Committees, General Meetings and audits (for example safety, performance and other) at organisation and group level through the production of technical papers, executive reports and financial analysis;
- Support the Corporate Finance Unit in interpreting exposure drafts, discussion papers and similar technical documents and producing executive summaries of impacts to community assets or required actions to present to the Finance Management Team on a monthly basis; and
- Exercise strong judgement and initiative to identify, evaluate and advise solutions, as well as providing support to the Finance Management Team in the implementation of these, as appropriate. Support the CFO and Service Managers with developing and implementing strategies, plans and projects across the business units - including but not limited to development of financial components of the Corporate and Operational plans in addition to the group Plan on a Page.
Skills & Experience:
- Strong, current knowledge of accounting standards
- Finance One systems experience
- Advanced Excel skills
- Highly organised and responsive problem solver
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Cleveland location
- Influential role within a local Government department
- Reporting to the CFO
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Adam Taylor on 07 3023 1092, quoting ref no. JO-1807-90369. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com