Gunnedah Shire is one of Australia's richest agricultural regions and a vibrant, warm and friendly town surrounded by the expansive Liverpool Plains and framed by the Nandewar. It is an incredibly safe and welcoming place to live and raise a family away from the rat race. Gunnedah has a great variety of shopping, dining and entertainment venues with both visitors and residents appreciating a variety of great cuisine and lifestyle that the local restaurants, pubs, clubs and takeaway venues have to offer.
Gunnedah is a centre for a number of regional industries exporting to overseas markets including grain production, cotton processing, animal feed production, brick manufacturing, leather processing and coal mining. This, alongside a thriving commercial and retail service sector ensure that Gunnedah has a diverse and skilled employment base within the Shire.
With Growth projected throughout the next decade, this is an exciting time for council as they support the community through this period of change. If you are looking for a new exciting challenge coupled with a work/life balance and fantastic lifestyle, this opportunity could be for you.
About the role
A role specific brochure can be find below:
- Undertake the role of Project Manager with the responsibility of controlling the activities and budgets of specific infrastructure projects including construction and maintenance.
- Undertake the preparation of specifications, tender/contract documents for operational and capital projects including calling and review of tenders and quotations.
- Lead and develop the design, construction and maintenance of civil infrastructure.
- Identify and implement improvements and enhancements to operational services
- Devise and implement plans to manage identified operational and environmental risks.
- Ensure the appropriateness and timeliness of response to internal/external customer requests.
- Deliver a cost effective and operationally efficient range of services to the organisation.
- Ensure implementation of applicable industry best practice and government guidelines.
- Conduct reviews following completion of projects to ensure delivery of project objectives.
- Set up auditing and reporting controls to manage quality and effectiveness of function.
- Participate in all identified training and development activities within agreed timescales
- Lead change initiatives to implement best practice for core operational processes.
- Ensure preparation of reports for projects and activities for Executive Management Team and Council.
- Coordinate and manage project teams responsible for infrastructure project and maintenance activities, and other teams as delegated from time to time.
- Monitor and quality check work outputs for the team as delegated from time to time.
- Lead and develop the team (as delegated from time to time) to ensure individual accountabilities and team performance objectives are achieved.
- Clearly demonstrate the vision and values to all members of the team.
- Direct and prioritise programs for work teams in line with Operational Plan.
- Manage the investigation, design and implementation of infrastructure projects.
- Identify risks, issues and opportunities related to the performance of existing infrastructure.
- Conduct regular review against established standards to ensure compliance with relevant audit requirements.
- Develop long term plans and strategies that meet the future needs of the community.
- Ensure Operational Plans are in place and regularly reviewed to ensure alignment with Community Strategic Plan and levels of service.
- Degree in Civil Engineering, or equivalent qualifications acceptable for membership to the Institution of Engineers Australia.
- Demonstrated experience in contributing to business planning, workforce planning, budgeting, forecasting and reporting through the analysis of operational information and trends to ensure that levels of service are met.
- Demonstrated significant project management experience in the delivery of strategic and capital works projects, particularly with respect to tendering and contract management, including the development of specifications.
- Demonstrated experience in ensuring legislative and regulatory compliance including the development and implementation of policies and procedures to prevent incidents and address risks.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and utilise technology to enable teams to improve productivity and collaborate to achieve business goals.
- Current drivers licence.
- Post Graduate Qualifications in the areas of Engineering, Management, Business, or the Environment.
- Experience in the management of water and sewer reticulation and treatment infrastructure.
- Experience in the management of bridge construction and maintenance.
Gunnedah is a hidden Gem. Experience all of the advantages of city living couples with a real work life balance. Huge Career within Council and the chance to be part of and future of the community.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Gareth Broadrick 02 8093 0600 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting ref no. JO-1905-95690. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com