Open space planner
Do you want to progress in a key position with an iconic local government organisation? Are you planner with open space, recreational or urban planning experience looking to work in a team of highly skilled individuals?
This local council is one of the fastest growing council in Australia. They are well known for their significant development areas, currently serving over 40 suburbs and expecting to double its population to nearly 350,000 in the next two decades. Being part of this team will present exciting opportunities for both personal and professional development.
Your role will primarily focus on planning of recreation, open space and sports facilities in line with council's recreation, open space and sports strategy. You will also contribute towards the planning and delivery of social infrastructure. Additional responsibilities are:
- Providing commentary on recreation, open space and sports related matters
- Undertake review and analysis of relevant social impact assessments
- Consulting with local community on recreation and open space planning issues
- Review and develop strategic documents, policies and plans of management in relation to open space and recreation
- Provide input to the development of strategic planning documents and report on their implementation
- Prepare and update generic and site specific plans of management and related plans
- Represent council on working groups at community events and committees
What we are looking for
To be successful in this role you will need to show proven recent experience in a similar role either in local government or delivering to local government. Further experience in strategic planning or work with significant cultural diversity is highly regarded. This role is an immediate start.
This organisation actively works towards a flexible working environment and a dynamic workforce. We inspire and like to see people from all backgrounds to apply and we do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Not quite right? We also have opportunities available from mid-level up to director level. Whether your expertise lies in road, rail, transport, development, design, maintenance or asset management we have a selection of roles in both public and private sector available for you.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Liisa Olsson on 02 8093 0617, quoting ref no. JO-1807-90154. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com