inTouch, Multicultural Centre Against Family Violence, was established in 1984 and is a leading accredited organisation providing services, programs and responses to address issues of family violence within migrant and refugee communities. Holding a unique role in the sector, InTouch have developed a number of culturally responsive, holistic models for provision of services to women, children and families who have experienced family violence.
Our purpose is simple and clear - we are committed to changing lives, changing communities.
Our work - services and programs - is underpinned by 4 key principles and focused on strengthening our LEADERSHIP position by fostering the culture of INNOVATION, using INFLUENCE to shape state, national and international agendas and making a long-lasting positive IMPACT on lives of people and communities we work with.
inTouch is principally funded by government and discreet project grants.
inTouch is governed by a Board, comprising a diverse array of individuals with backgrounds in business, law, communications and non-profit leadership and who aspire to excellence in governance standards. To complement their Board further, inTouch currently have two vacancies for experienced female Non-Executive Board Directors.
Each Non-Executive Director must ensure they can devote sufficient time and commitment to properly perform their role and duties on behalf of inTouch. Responsibilities of the Non-Executive Directors will include (but not be limited to):
- Actively contributing to each board meeting;
- Providing effective and sound corporate governance;
- Providing leadership, vision and business acumen;
- Providing strategic direction;
- Providing innovative / new ways of thinking;
- Ensuring the organisation meets all performance, risk and compliance requirements and obligations;
- Promoting and enhancing the profile and integrity of InTouch;
- Acting honestly and in good faith at all times and in the interests of the organisation.
Monthly meetings are held on the first Thursday of each month from 6:00pm-9:00pm in Richmond, Vic. Note, you may also be required to attend sub-committee meetings.
inTouch are seeking an experienced female board director with a strong commitment to social justice. To be considered for this amazing opportunity you need to understand the gendered nature of family violence - specifically in the context of diverse, multicultural communities. You embody the values of the organisation: for women and children from diverse cultural backgrounds to be safe and free from family violence. You are an excellent communicator with the ability to liaise collaboratively with the other members of the board and the CEO. You are a strategic thinker who demonstrates experience in corporate governance and who can offer "out of the box" thinking.
To complement the current mix of skills and experience on the Board, inTouch are seeking:
- one NED who is experienced in financial acumen, ideally with CA/CPA qualifications.
- one NED who is from a Research / Academia background who can contribute evidence based insights into "what's next" / innovative "out of the box" thinking in relation to social impact and how to enhance service delivery to the inTouch community OR who is skilled and has a proven career in executive level People and Culture.
Note: Previous Board experience is essential and AICD qualifications are desirable.
These are un-paid voluntary board appointments.
inTouch has a pending renewal of an Equal Opportunity Exemption (A123/2012) and requests applications from women only.
Please upload your CV or for further information or a confidential discussion, please contact Melanie Pecanek on (03) 9929 9587 or Sandra Kerr on (03) 9929 9528.