|Posted||29 days ago|
About the Company
Our client is an innovative telecommunication organisation based in Melbourne CBD, currently looking to hire an experienced Network Operations Engineer for their team.
You must have networking ISP specific experience with Cisco Juniper certification and previous experience in the telco/ ISP operations domain.
About Your Role
You will be involved in network operations, ISP network design, network change and implementations, network equipment upgrades and capacity augmentations and data centre related work.
Your roles key responsibilities include:
- Proactively monitoring the network performance
- Implementing planned network changes
- Assisting in design, review and implementation of network upgrades
- Carrying out network maintenance activities such as capacity augmentations and cache upgrades
- Continuous delivery of backhaul (DWDM, ICE and Mobile) capacity upgrades in time as per capacity deployment plan, including service order to service configuration.
- Continuous delivery of Transit (TID) capacity upgrades in time as per capacity deployment plan, including service order to service configuration
- Writing and maintaining components of Detail Design Document for Beour clients ISP Network.
- Acting as an escalation point for critical network escalations after hours (on call roster)
To be successful, you will have:
- Previous experience working in networking or technology roles within an ISP network domain
- Experience in managing network incidents, change implementation and planned/unplanned outages
- Experience in large organisations with large network or IT teams preferred
- Exceptional customer service skills and stakeholder management
- Development of network technology strategies and processes
- Strong experience in implementation of Agile development methodologies and supporting toolsets
- Expertise for Data Centre related activities
- Tertiary qualifications in Network Engineering, IT or related discipline
- Industry certifications (would be desirable), including or relating to:
- Security: CCIE, CCNP, JNCIE, Python, WCNA, AWS-CAN, VCP-DCV or other network engineering focused training
- Agile/DevOps, such as Scrum Master
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Neeha Avasarala on 0430 505 612, quoting ref no. JO-2103-103605. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com