Contract role till end of Jan with possible extensions| Brisbane CBD| Cisco experience required| up to $90 per hour
The primary purpose of the position is to participate in a team of ICT Technical specialists in the implementation, maintenance and support of a large and complex network environment. The ICT services within DPW are hosted and deployed in predominately Microsoft Windows environments although some of the core business systems are Unix based.
Key tasks of the Senior ICT Technical Officer will include:
- The installation, maintenance and support of the DPW ICT environment and systems through the application of a high level of knowledge and technical skills in a number of the following technologies:
- Cisco switching, routing and wireless infrastructure
- Citrix systems and administrative requirements
- WAN optimisation systems
- Network monitoring and management systems
- Checkpoint gateway and firewall systems
Understanding of infrastructure security systems and best practises
- Undertake a leading role in a responsive and effective problem resolution service that will minimise disruptions to and meet agreed performance targets for networked Information Systems and Associated Applications.
- Consult, negotiate, liaise and provide expert advice to staff at all levels regarding the operations of the Information Systems infrastructure and facilities.
- Identify gaps and opportunities in the delivery of ISD services; coordinate identification and investigation of potential solutions on behalf of clients; work with ISD staff and management to develop solutions, and analyse, evaluate and propose new and/or additional services.
- Influence and encourage an environment and culture in which high quality customer service is delivered through fostering adherence to quality system processes, continually seeking improvement in the way in which work is undertaken.
- Contribute to the effective teamwork with the Information Services Directorate by developing an understanding of the roles and duties of other team members and work collaboratively to assist the team in delivering services to the Department.
- Investigate and identify analytical and problem solving activities for the maintenance and support of a large and complex Windows network environment.
Manage and coordinate minor projects to implement and upgrade the Windows network environment
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Nisha Kumar on 07 3023 1024, quoting ref no. JO-1807-90232. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com