About the Company The opportunity
An exciting full time, 12 Month Fixed Term Contract opportunity for an experienced Network Engineer to join a Cloud & Infrastructure team in the Brisbane CBD.
Providing infrastructure services that support over 1400 staff globally, the infrastructure is highly available, secure, disaster recoverable and flexible providing capacity on demand.
About the Role The role of the Network Engineer is to provide proactive and reactive support for global WAN, LANs, Voice, Video Conferencing and Data Centre infrastructure environment.
Ensure networks are maintained and supported in such a way as to ensure a consistent end user experience that is in line with IT strategy.
The key accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform system administration on Cisco Wireless, LAN, WAN, Voice and Data Centre environments to maintain a high level of performance, capacity and availability.
- Respond to and address support calls related to the above environments.
- Assist in the design and implementation of network, voice and Datacentre technologies.
- Perform network disaster recovery testing and enactment when required.
- Maintain skills to a level necessary to support the QIC environment.
- Provide input into audit activities and deliverables.
- Perform maintenance and administrative tasks at any of the QIC sites as required.
- Participate in out of hours change and support activities as required. QIC Out of hours policy applies.
- Conduct reviews of network performance or capacity planning purposes.
- Prepare and maintain documentation including network diagrams.
- Coordinate with vendors regarding Internet and WAN links, and coordinate contactors when relevant.
- Other infrastructure operations tasks as appropriate
About You As a strong candidate for this role, you will have:
- A Degree in Information Technology (or similar) or recognised qualifications in Information Technology.
- Cisco CCNA and/or CompTIA Network+ held for at least 3 years is highly desirable.
At least 3 years' experience in the following areas:
- Systems administration on Cisco Wireless, LAN, WAN, Voice and Data Centre environments
- Windows systems administration & Skype for Business experience is highly desirable for this role
- Level 3 system and user support based on ITIL processes of incident, problem and change management
- Working with managed service providers including Telco, MSSP, MSPs, Cloud Providers and partners
- Network operational tasks and maintenance
- Structured cabling and fibre optic cabling systems
- High level of written and oral communication skills specifically to articulate the benefits and rationale of architectural designs.
- Ability to establish positive working relationships with business units and technology staff.
- Ability to solve problems in a creative way that follows a logical approach.
- Ability to respond quickly to change in a positive manner and take the initiative where required.
- Ability to utilise initiative to positively contribute towards the goals and aspirations of the team.
- Can self‐manage priorities, deliverables, client interactions, time management in line with the team's processes
- Experience using WAN optimisation would be highly regarded, especially Exinda appliances.
- Windows systems engineer experience would be very highly regarded especially in Skype for Business, Windows 10, Windows Server, VMware, Commvault, Citrix and McAfee.
The Benefits The organisation is a global diversified alternative investment firm offering infrastructure, real estate, private equity, liquid strategies and multi-asset investments. It is one of the largest institutional investment managers in Australia.
Headquartered in Brisbane, Australia, they have offices across the globe.
Their culture is to be an inclusive organisation, one in which every employee has a true voice. enjoy a sense of belonging, and feel that difference is valued. They strive to build people leader capability to reduce unintended bias and ensure they are leveraging the uniqueness of all their people.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Gerry Deakin on 07 3023 1000, quoting ref no. JO-1807-90044. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com