About the Company
I am working with a Federal Government client seeking a Network Engineer for an initial period of 6 months, with a potential extension by another 6 months (further extensions are likely).
About the Role
As part of a small team responsible for overseeing a number of critical network migration projects and supporting upcoming electoral events. You will also be utilising your IT and engineering skills to undertake routine hardware, software and network maintenance, and contribute to the performance of the team to enhance processes and by liaising with other IT teams and vendors. This includes Experience in administrating multi-factor authentication appliances, patching Linux systems (Red Hat and CentOS), managing LAMP systems and remote access services would be an advantage.
Location: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory (ACT)
To be successful for this role, you will have:
- In-depth knowledge of network protocols and the ability to use performance monitoring tools.
- Strong understanding of switch, router and firewall hardware and ability to configure using both copper and fibre technologies.
- Ability to develop strong internal and external working relationships to facilitate collaboration, clear lines of communication and to deliver on AEC's strategic objectives.
- Experience with OSPF, BGP, Spanning Tree, VLANs, VRRP and IPSec protocols.
- Ability to create and maintain documentation using attention to detail, such as creating project plans, bill of materials, and technical manuals and process documents.
Advantageous if you have:
- Experience with configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of hardware and software-based load balancers.
- Ability to administer multi-factor authentication systems.
- Experience managing network support and monitoring systems running within a Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP/Perl (LAMP) environment
To apply for this role, you must be an Australian Citizen and will be required to have (or be able to obtain and maintain) a security clearance (NV1). Click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Jenny Vaz on 02 8093 0602, quoting ref no. JO-2005-100496.
Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com