Hot off the press our client is seeking a Network Designer to work on a long term contract role that will see you through EOFY 2021. This is an excellent opportunity to leave your mark on high profile goverment project work. You will work alongside the project team on the enhancement, extension and improvement of existing Wi-Fi coverage to support mobile device usage.
About the Role
You will have responsibility for leading the following activities and delivery of the following key tasks:
- Undertake a range of activities with emphasis on LAN active equipment to support voice and data solutions, including limited research, requirements analysis, and solution design, scope of work development and handover, systems planning and customer relationship management.
- With limited supervision undertake the development and implementation of new/improved processes, practices, standards, policies and/or systems through the provision of specialist expertise including providing timely and appropriate information and recommendations to support high quality decision making.
- Consult with clients and customers, including schools, regional and central office staff and technical officers for minor projects.
- Provide the interface between customers and technical specialists to ensure business requirements are understood and can be met.
- Lead, or make significant contributions toward, the design of the agreed scope of work and collaborate with stakeholders to prioritise requirements.
- Prepare plans, approaches and timeframes for the delivery of new ICT policies, standards and solutions, and ensure their effective and efficient implementation.
- Liaise effectively with project management teams, by actively participating in all phases, to ensure timely delivery of solutions.
In order to succeed in this role, you will be able to demonstrate proven experience and high level knowledge of:
- Networking Topologies - LAN, WAN and WLAN
- Cisco or HP routing and switching
- Ekahau wireless planning software
- Cisco suite - Routers, switches, wireless, WAN acceleration and Prime
- HP iMC, Statseeker, Compuware, SNMP toolsets
- Australian telecommunications cabling standards
- Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP)
- Data solutions
- ITIL awareness and methodologies
- Formal Qualification's in Cabling standards will be looked at favourably
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com