About the Role:
- Provide network support services, ensuring timely resolution to network administration tasks and troubleshooting.
- Undertake research, analysis and interpretation of issues and trends relating to ICT infrastructure and be pro-active in recommending and implementing quality best practice solutions in accordance with the network and security technical architecture.
- Provide advice and options on issues and trends relating to the management and ongoing development of network configurations and agreed department services.
- Maintain accurate records of all hardware/software items and monitoring of performance, actions and outcomes in relation to the management of incidents, problems, release, change issues, user requests and outcomes.
- Liaise and consult with ICT team members, other departmental work units and service contract suppliers to co-ordinate network and service incidents in accordance with service level agreements.
- Prepare reports on actual service performance and comparison with expected service levels and other correspondence as required.
- Provide mentoring, coaching and on the job training for less experienced staff
- Development and peer review of Work Instructions and Procedures
- Out-of-standard business hours work on systems, as directed
- Other tasks as directed by the Team Leader Network Operations
The Contractor must have experience in some or all of the following IT Network infrastructure components and services:
- Design/Configuration/Implementation of complex Cisco based data communication networks including datacentre, metropolitian and regional wired and wireless network platforms
- Management and support of data communication related services which include:
- Telstra IPWAN and IPVPN based networks, WDM, dark and managed fibre optics services, structured cabling solutions, Riverbed application accelerators and wireless (WiFi) technologies
- Utilisation of network management platforms which include:
- Statseeker, SolarWinds, EasyIP, Cisco Integrated Service Engine (ISE), Fluke Cable Testers, and LiveAction Network Performance Manager
- Network analysis and fault diagnosis
- Current Class C manual driver's licence
- Riverbed WAN optimisation technology design/implementation/management
- Quality of Service (QoS) policy design/implementation/management
- Voice of IP (VoIP)
- Network Access Control (NAC)
- Technical report writing
- ITIL framework
- Cisco certification/s
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Pooja Deshmukh on 07 3023 1078, quoting ref no. JO-2001-99276. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com