|Posted||3 months ago|
About the Company
The Coal Network Capacity Company (CNCCo) was incorporated in April 2020 and is jointly owned by Aurizon Network and all the Queensland coal producing companies that utilise the network. CNCCo will assume the role of Independent Expert and will perform functions including modelling, information collection and reporting and logistics optimisation to its owners, other rail operators and port operators. This is an exceptional career opportunity to join a new business and contribute to maximising the capability and efficiency of the infrastructure and operations of the Central Queensland Coal Network.
About the Role
The Modelling Analyst is a pivotal role responsible for simulation and supply chain modelling services, modelling and analysis to answer strategic questions, and ad-hoc analysis. The role ensures that CNCCo has strategic models in place that can predict network performance into the future. Success will be achieved by:
- Delivery of professional expertise through the provision of relevant support, advice, forecasting and coordination and drive performance through robust reporting and managing data integrity.
- Develop, maintain and update relevant models, databases, systems and documents as well as analyse and validate relevant data / information to assess business opportunities, providing expert advice and recommendations.
- Design of appropriate and effective models that capture and maximise outcomes, considering all related and relevant factors.
- Identification of probable root cause of any model failure during a simulation to inform of potential code errors or oversights.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legislative / statutory obligations and CNCCo policies, codes, values standards, procedures and methodologies.
- Maintain and leverage your relationships, knowledge and networks to ensure CNCCo is regarded and trusted for its practices in the performance of the network. Keep across any enhancements or innovations or modelling techniques across related and other industry and academia.
- Leverage modern software, testing and experimental frameworks and implementation tools (project management, implementation tools, IT development frameworks) such that all CNCCo models and systems support and enable performance and interface powerfully to drive outcomes for stakeholders.
To be considered for this role, it is expected you will possess:
- Tertiary qualifications in software engineering, computer science, mathematics or other similar highly analytical field
- Experience in mining, rail or other relevant heavy industry
- Expert proficiency in data manipulation and analysis, programming and use of analytical software (Anylogic, R and Tableau would be highly regarded)
- Exceptional communications skills, allowing effective engagement with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- A strong desire to be part of a brand new organisation, and the challenges, opportunities and rewards that entails
- Newly created company - newly created position - make it your own!
- CBD location, part work-from-home considered, flexible start and finish times
- Career development opportunities in line with company growth
This is a unique opportunity to join an exciting start-up organisation and contribute to the future of Queensland's Coal Network. An attractive remuneration package is offered along genuine career development opportunities into the future.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Donna Ison on 07 3023 1047, quoting ref no. JO-2011-101890. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com