|Posted||6 days ago|
About the Company
The Coal Network Capacity Company (CNCCo) was incorporated in April 2020 and is jointly owned by Aurizon Network and all the Queensland coal producing companies that utilise the network. CNCCo will assume the role of Independent Expert and will perform functions including modelling, information collection and reporting and logistics optimisation to its owners, other rail operators and port operators. This is an exceptional career opportunity to join a new business and contribute to maximising the capability and efficiency of the infrastructure and operations of the Central Queensland Coal Network.
About the Role
The Modeller is a pivotal role responsible for simulation and supply chain modelling services. The role designs, develops, documents and maintains all in-house developed modelling tools used by the modelling team at CNCCo to support the strategic direction for the supply chain. The model developed should reproduce past trends, anticipate and test changing needs, and be in line with, and define industry best practice. CNCCo modelling tools should be aligned with real time planning capacity assessment functions at CNCCo to support planning and scheduling decisions, aiming to achieve the best possible basis for scenario analysis.
Success will be achieved by:
- Design and development of appropriate and effective models that capture and maximise outcomes, solve problems and create value
- Development of models that are scalable, sustainable, re/usable, robust and powerful.
- Use of modern software engineering processes to implement, profile and customise CNCCo processes appropriately.
- Write advanced algorithms and data structures and write effective, efficient, objective, readable, documented and usable code. Maintain existing code against the same standards.
- Leverage modern software, testing and experimental frameworks and implementation tools (project management, implementation tools, IT development frameworks) such that all CNCCo models and systems support and enable performance and interface powerfully to drive outcomes for stakeholders.
To be considered for this role, it is expected you will possess:
- Tertiary qualifications in software engineering, computer science, mathematics or other similar highly analytical field. PhD qualifications will be highly regarded.
- Highly proficient in modern modelling languages (ideally Anylogic, R and Tableau), version control and project management tools.
- Proficiency in modern relational databases.
- Significant delivery of relevant simulation / modelling outcomes - software development, algorithm design, optimisation.
- Proven experience in verifying and validating models to real world supply chain systems, supported by real examples / outcomes for stakeholders.
- Proven experience of successful collection of system logic, supply chain logic and input data for complex systems, including rail and mining.
- Extensive experience in capacity, planning and simulation modelling, ideally in a coal supply chain / infrastructure environment, particularly in rail.
- Exceptional communications skills, allowing effective engagement with internal and external stakeholders
- A strong desire to be part of a brand new organisation, and the challenges, opportunities and rewards that entails
- Newly created company - newly created position - make it your own!
- CBD location, part work-from-home considered, flexible start and finish times
- Career development opportunities in line with company growth
This is a unique opportunity to join an exciting start-up organisation and contribute to the future of Queensland's Coal Network. An attractive remuneration package is offered along genuine career development opportunities into the future.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Donna Ison on 07 3023 1047, quoting ref no. JO-2011-101891. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com