|Posted||18 days ago|
About the Company
Vitrinite Pty Ltd is a privately owned company holding an extensive strategic coking coal tenement portfolio within Queensland's world-class Bowen Basin. Their assets are situated in close proximity to operating mines, infrastructure and proven economic resources. Vitrinite is entering an exciting phase of their journey, transitioning from exploration into operations in the coming months, and are currently seeking to appoint a dynamic, motivated and innovative mining engineer.
About the Role
This role offers a significant opportunity to provide on the ground technical support from in pit surveying through to assisting with mine design, drill and blast design. Reporting to the Operations Manager, this role is responsible for ensuring that all site technical functions are performed and managed in accordance with legislative requirements and Vitrinite's policies, procedures and production targets. This is a unique opportunity to be an integral part of the development of a greenfield coal project into production in the Bowen Basin.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Assist with mine design and implementation in accordance with mine procedures;
- Liaising with pit supervision to ensure conformance to mine plans;
- Setout and completion of all required field survey;
- Assist with all month end technical and survey calculations and reconciliations;
- Maintain compliance with relevant Standards and Legislation;
- Manage site survey data and integrate with the statutory surveyor;
- Co-ordinate all daily survey activities to meet the requirements of operations, coal quality and contractor teams.
This is a hands-on role, and applicants must be flexible and willing to take on additional tasks as required.
To be considered for this role, it is expected you will possess:
- A recognised Mining Engineering Degree
- Previous experience as a mining engineer in an operating coal mine (greenfields experience will be well regarded)
- Ability to work autonomously and within a small team
- Willingness to learn and take on tasks outside of core duties
- Exceptional time management skills, and the ability to communicate with all levels of personnel including both internal and external stakeholders
- High-level of computer literacy including advanced capabilities in the Microsoft Office package
- Experience with mine planning, Maptek and CAD software highly desirable
- Competent in the use of drones, laser scanning and rover-based survey techniques; and
- Experience in post-processing of scan data.
This is a genuine career opportunity for a motivated mining engineer to be a part of a Queensland coal greenfields project. A competitive salary package will be offered to the successful candidate.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Donna Ison on 07 3023 1047, quoting ref no. JO-2102-102772. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com