About the Company
Goldwind are one of the world's leading wind power companies. The largest player in the wind industry in China, Goldwind has a presence on six continents globally. By 2015, Goldwind was recognised as the world's number one wind turbine manufacturer by newly installed generation capacity. They now have a permanent opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Technician to join their team at their Cattle Hill Windfarm in the Central Highlands, Tasmania.
About the Role
Based permanently at site and reporting to the Wind Farm Site Manager, the Mechanical Technician is responsible for assisting in the execution of the operation and maintenance to assets installed at the Wind Farm. The operation and maintenance will be conducted on the installed Wind Turbine Generators and Balance of Plant equipment.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the completion of Wind Turbine scheduled and unscheduled maintenance.
- Assist in maintaining wind farm equipment.
- Assist sub-contractor in completing relevant sub-contractor tasks.
- Identify any risks to completing scheduled maintenance plan or performance standards and report to Site Manager.
- Maintain good working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Continually provide feedback to Service Site Manager on ideas or thoughts which may contribute to developing improvements and efficiencies of work tasks.
- Assist in undertaking operation and maintenance to other Goldwind Wind Farms.
- It is essential that the service technician has:
- Previous experience working on large industrial mechanical assets in either a construction, commissioning or maintenance environment. Trouble shooting and fault finding.
- Relevant mechanical TRADE in the Heavy Industrial, Mining, Earth Moving and or Auto Electrical background.
- It would be beneficial to have the following experience:
- Experience with Hydraulic systems and Tensioning Tools.
- Basic Rigging, Heavy Component Exchange
- Basic Microsoft Office Skills.
- Working at Heights, Vertical Rescue
- Able to work in a remote area as part of a small integrated team unsupervised.
- Willing to temporarily reside in the Central Highlands during working week.
- Previous experience working within the Wind or Power Industry would be ideal but not essential.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact George Hall on 07 3023 1054, quoting ref no. JO-2001-99191. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com