About the Role
The Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor will actively develop and lead the maintenance team to conduct inspections, maintenance and renewal works associated with the water and sewer branch asset maintenance delivery program, which enables Council to meet both its statutory and customer obligations as a utility service provider.
- To develop and actively participate in the delivery of a planned mechanical maintenance program to approved specification/standards for all equipment and assets related to the water and sewer branch (e.g. Depot and Headworks assets).
- Ensure all operational and capital mechanical maintenance relating to water and sewer branch is conducted to agreed scopes, specifications and relevant statutory certification.
- Manage team members in line with Council's performance management practices. Including active hands on participation, supervision and mentoring of fitters and apprentice staff to ensure training and/or competency.
- To ensure both the mechanical depot and workshop facilities (including equipment) are maintained to adopted WHS, quality specifications and housekeeping standards
- Proactively participate in operational meetings to ensure communication of all business and key performance issues are discussed, shared and addressed within the team.
- Manage contractors on maintenance and project activities to ensure that services are delivered to agreed timelines, quality specification and WHS standards.
- Provide input into the design and revision of mechanical drawings for assets following project upgrades and maintenance renewals. Ensure drawings for all mechanical assets are up to date and in place.
- Develop and deliver condition base monitoring program for mechanical assets ensuring implement competencies and skills are in place within the maintenance team
- Ensure the risk in the workplace is minimised or removed through judicious planning of works. Conduct both planned and reactive maintenance within Councils WHS (SSOW) procedures, adopted SWMS, risk assessments and permit to work practices.
- Provide technical advice to internal customers and provide adequate records regarding all faults, failures and sub-optimal mechanical asset performance to help facilitate cost-effective financial solutions.
- Liaising with other teams, professionals, management and other Branches of Council to plan and co-ordinate day to day activities, planned and reactive maintenance
- Identify and optimise spare part inventory required for various mechanical maintenance activities. Manage procurement process for mechanical spares and contractor engagement.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience needed:
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or fully qualified Fitter and Turner (e.g. TAFE Cert IV equivalent) with minimum seven (7) years trade experience post qualification
- Comprehensive working knowledge of activities associated with mechanical workshops (e.g. general lathe, machining skills, oxy cutting, welding etc.)
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in the development and delivery of maintenance management systems on mechanical assets within industrial processes, with an understanding of maintenance scheduling, reliability principles and processes
- Comprehensive ability to interpret, update and implement mechanical engineering drawings.
- Experience in the development and management of mechanical maintenance teams.
- Working Knowledge of the Work Health and Safety Act, the Work Health and Safety Regulations, Advisory standards, Industry Codes of Practice and other associated legislation relative to the position
- Well-developed analytical skills and demonstrated innovative and flexible approach to fault finding and problem solving operational and maintenance requirements.
- Well-developed oral and written communication and interpersonal skills and a proven ability to provide clear, well-constructed written and verbal advice.
- Solid working level of computer literacy and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Hold a current NSW Drivers Licence (Class C).
For a copy of the Job Description - please get in touch with Kat - email@example.com
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Gareth Broadrick on 02 8093 0605, quoting ref no. JO-2008-101284. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com