|Posted||11 days ago|
About the Company
Davidson are a preferred supplier for the government sector and have strong partnerships within local, state and federal government. We are currently recruiting an Events Officer to join a dynamic and fast paced Team in Logan.
About the Role
- To help co-ordinate the provision of community events which meet the recreational and cultural needs of residents, promote a positive image of the City and Council and build a sense of community identity.
- To implement the day-to-day running of the local events and festival program, and help administer Council's grants program.
- To provide advice on insurance, workplace health and safety and legal obligations in relation to the provision of events and civic functions and to work with casual and contract staff and contractors to achieve a high level of service.
- To provide specialist events advice to community groups conducting events in the City.
- To undertake special projects as required by the Manager Community Engagement and Marketing.
- Undertake any other duties as are reasonably within the limits of the employee's skills, competence and training.
- Tertiary qualifications in Business Communications, Public Relations, or a similar discipline, are desirable.
- Wide experience in delivering indoor and outdoor events - small, medium & large
- Highly skilled in preparing and delivering digital and traditional marketing campaigns
- Stakeholder and contract management
- Sponsorship experience would be valued
- Be self-motivated and possess the ability to communicate and deal with people at all levels and to make prompt, reliable decisions within the bounds of allocated responsibilities.
- Knowledge and appreciation of cultural diversity
- Attractive hourly rate
- Beat the commute - Logan location
- 6 month contract!
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Brooke Meadows on 07 3023 1034, quoting ref no. JO-2104-103985. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com