About the Company
Davidson are currently partnering with a regional council to recruit a Manager Roads & Projects on a 3 to 6 month contract. Based in Far North Queensland this council has a number of projects that they are looking to undertake across the civil and infrastructure space.
About the Role
As part of the Infrastructure Services Group, Manager Roads & Projects reports directly to the General Manager. You will provide leadership in regards to planning, design & delivery of capital works programmes and maintenance. You will also provide oversight on the implementation of technical standards and systems. Other responsibilities will include:
- Lead and manage the Roads and Projects section regarding the planning for and delivery of technical services, capital works and infrastructure maintenance programs across the Council area, including the efficient management and use of human and financial resources
- Manage all aspects of the development and implementation of road service-related strategies, policies, procedures, standards, systems and programs
- Lead a team of multi-disciplinary professional engineers to deliver projects
- Ensure that compliance is aligned to Dept. of Transport and Main Roads accreditation
- Identify and manage risks associated to projects and develop innovative solutions to address them
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in engineering/ construction management
- Previous experience in leading and managing a team in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Proven experience in delivering outcomes in relation to road service delivery, technical services and project/asset management
- Proven leadership abilities with strong focus on team-building and performance management
- Previous experience in a senior leadership role within a local government environment within the engineering function
This a great opportunity to secure a 3-6 month contract role, with possible extension, working with one of our highly regarded local government employers.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Stephen Overty on 07 3023 1074, quoting ref no. JO-2006-100560. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com